The same series again and again...

#11onilink888Posted 7/8/2010 4:13:26 PM
Doesn't anyone roll their eyes looking at the 3DS line-up? I mean, they are always the same games: Mario Kart, Mario whatever platform, Zelda, etc.
No, but I do roll my eyes when I see topics like this.

No, this is not an attempt at trolling. I've just looked at the games to be released and my first impression was "oh no, not again"...
Don't lie to yourself, TC.
#12raver_zaktanPosted 7/8/2010 4:16:28 PM

Unfortunately for you and I, TC, Nintendo fans are gullible tools who will continue to buy new games of the same franchise just as long as that franchise had one good game back in the 80's. Hey, I can't blame Nintendo for continuing to milk them!

Fortunately for us though, we're smart enough to buy games that are good, instead of refusing to buy games simply because they say Mario on them. So guess you miss out on some of the greatest games because you think being in a franchise means it's bad.
---
Breaking Bad: You wanna cook?
#13ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/8/2010 10:15:52 PM
Because people love those games and want to buy it? Duh.
If people don't like Mario, Zelda, etc then that's their problem.
---
My signature is
two lines long.
#14AlinktomypastPosted 7/8/2010 10:46:46 PM
^ I don't see that as a problem.
---
Link's awakening:
THE WINDFISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER.
#15g6260Posted 7/8/2010 11:10:26 PM
'Id rather Nintendo continue to innovate within existing franchises (Like they've done with Mario Galaxy, and seem to be doing with Other M & Zelda SS) than have to waste the time creating a whole bunch of new characters and assets.

Most new IPs nowadays are just rehashes of old gameplay ideas or half-baked efforts that fall flat (Assassin's Creed, Scribblenauts, Spore, Mirror's Edge, the list is endless). Sure every once in a while you get a good "New IP" that's actually fresh and original (like LittleBigPlanet), but they're few and far in between.

If reusing the same characters means I get the games faster than I'm all for having Super Mario Galaxy over Ted's Amazing Galaxy Adventure
---
Buy these games: Devil Survivor, BlazBlue, Punch-Out!!, Little King's Story
#16SuperShadowAcePosted 7/8/2010 11:32:16 PM
Yeah, we buy it for a virtual person rather then the type of gameplay they put with that person.

Mario=Platformer/RPG
Link=Open World RPG
F-Zero=Racer
Pikmin=Army leader
Metroid=blow crap up and save the universe

and more. As proof, spin offs don't sell as much unless it's a spin off that is just as hyped and gets updated as often, the only one I know is MK.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile. Also, please remember to make your post readable.
#17TheNomenclaturePosted 7/8/2010 11:47:08 PM
Zelda is not an RPG.
---
I have discovered things you can only dream of
#18lazycomplifePosted 7/9/2010 12:00:39 AM
Zelda II is an RPG. And also the 3DS has Martha Stewart.
---
GT/PSN- Sythierius
#19Megaman OmegaPosted 7/9/2010 3:22:38 AM

Zelda II is a torturing device. And also the 3DS has Martha Stewart.

fixed for ya.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.