The analog will improve old DS games!

#31Microfox1Posted 7/9/2010 5:14:14 PM
Not saying it will but lolwut? all they would have to do is program the machine to transfer the analog to the games much like the Super Gameboy using a,b,x,or y.

TRUE ANALOG SUPPORT MEANS FULL 360 DEGREE RECOGNITION AND PRESSURE SENSITIVITY.

YES, it would be a simple matter for the analog stick/slider to emulate the 8-way d-pad, but that is NOT true analog support. Why do people not seem to understand this?
---
i saw a guy eating a big mac today, SIGN OF AN MGS4 360 PORT!?!? - headwounds13
#32MizuhoChamaPosted 7/9/2010 7:45:31 PM
THE DS TOUCHSCREEN WAS USED FOR A LOT OF THINGS. IT WAS NOT JUST FOR MOVING IN AN ANALOGUE STICK FASHION. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF THE ANALOGUE STICK BEING USED FOR PREVIOUSLY RELEASED GAMES.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL GUYS.

THOUGH TECHNICALLY I AM HOLDING DOWN THE RIGHT SHIFT BUTTON, SINCE I HATE THE CAPS LOCK.

/thread
---
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235
#33LogicFrayPosted 7/9/2010 9:30:42 PM
diggerdude, the atari 5200 DID have an analog joystick, but not all games took advantage of it
#34DiggerdudePosted 7/9/2010 10:17:59 PM
Logicfray, yes you're right. I was thinking of the Atari 800 computers which used the same sticks as the 2600.

"You've never done any programming, I'm guessing?"

Uh...no, and you have? I don't imagine a lot of people here have.

Yes. In the past I've studied Pascal, Cobol, JCL and C, and as a kid taught myself using various versions of BASIC. I'm no longer involved with coding, and it didn't become a career path for me. But yes, I do have some experience, and I've been known to compile a custom MAME build on occasion. I recommend it to everyone - it gives you great insight into how computers and software work.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds: owns PSP, NDSL & many others.
#35MetroidJunkiePosted 7/10/2010 10:14:39 AM
TRUE ANALOG SUPPORT MEANS FULL 360 DEGREE RECOGNITION AND PRESSURE SENSITIVITY.

YES, it would be a simple matter for the analog stick/slider to emulate the 8-way d-pad, but that is NOT true analog support. Why do people not seem to understand this?

I already told you that the point would be to make it feel more comfortable. Even with a simplistic 8-way control stick method for older DS games, it will still feel more natural than the d-pad since diagonal movement will have more of a feel to it.
#36xnamkcorPosted 7/10/2010 10:30:57 AM
There is almost no way the analog features will be usable, but giving the option of using a slidepad/stick, even if only for 8 digital directions, would make control at least a bit easier. If fighting games it'd be really useful. In Castlevania it's make Knee Strike Cancelling that much easier.
#37Microfox1Posted 7/10/2010 1:07:11 PM
I was more talking to xoftheuniverse's smartass "lolwut" comment, because he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.
---
i saw a guy eating a big mac today, SIGN OF AN MGS4 360 PORT!?!? - headwounds13