Pokemon 3DS is most likely going to be a full 3D graphics game

#1PhaseBlackPosted 7/9/2010 7:53:44 AM
I have a feeling that Black and White are the last of the sprite-based Pokemon games, and that's why Nintendo is squeezing them in on the DS at the very end of it's life cycle.

Obviously, they're going to want to make use of the 3DS' 3d feature and graphical capabilities, so I'm betting Pokemon 3DS (Pokemon generation 6) will be done like a console game in terms of graphics
---
|A|L|C|O|H|O|L|
My anti-drug
#2shadowseanPosted 7/9/2010 8:02:04 AM
I wouldn't mind a 3D pokemon game. However I don't think it will be in the style that everyone expects, for example something like Pokemon Colleseum. I still think we'll be seen a fixed camera, and it will still be slightly top down. I have a feeling it will be something like this.

http://orioto.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1lfuok
#3MegagutsPosted 7/9/2010 9:15:39 AM
Nah i feel that its safe to say "color" pokemon games will always be sprites, and they will add 3d effects (attacks and whatnot). I do think we may get a stadium/colloseum in 3D though.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
Fishsticks anyone?
#4MRW1215Posted 7/9/2010 9:16:04 AM
I definitely think Pokemon is heading towards an actual jump to 3D (rather than the current SNES-ish "sprite" look), probably in gen 6 or 7. Seems like they're definitely building towards that, especially with what they're doing in gen 5 (with the camera angles, more 3D feel, moving sprites in battle, etc.).

Honestly, I'd settle for something along the lines of LoZ: PH and LoZ: ST (as well as the Rune Factory series), in which gameplay is still basically top down, but everything looks more 3D, and movement isn't grid-based.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/xparasite1215
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#5lfritPosted 7/9/2010 9:58:26 AM
*Please stay sprite based*

<_< I love sprites, and sprites can create some of the most beautiful games around. With that in mind, Pokemon needs better sprite design. I am aware of the massive number of sprites needed for pokemon games, but make them beautiful, which will make people appreciate sprite based RPGs once more.
#6SragentThomPosted 7/9/2010 10:07:16 AM

*Please stay sprite based*

<_< I love sprites, and sprites can create some of the most beautiful games around. With that in mind, Pokemon needs better sprite design. I am aware of the massive number of sprites needed for pokemon games, but make them beautiful, which will make people appreciate sprite based RPGs once more.

That will require too much effort which Nintendo isn't known for doing that in Pokemon game.The problem with Pokemon games is the lack of fluid animation.That would require more sprites.
#7lfritPosted 7/9/2010 10:10:29 AM
I know...

I can be hopeful, right? >_> right?

T_T
#8K3wlnessPosted 7/9/2010 11:51:50 AM
I can't say I like Pokémon Colosseum for the GCN, so I don't know how this will work out.

Maybe simply a 3rd person POV, with similar gameplay elements as the sprite-based games?
---
Gamertag: Ice Ice Hawt
"All you need is love." - John Lennon
#9MetroidJunkiePosted 7/9/2010 1:24:33 PM
I'm really pushing for full 3D with simply the same top down style (Maybe a more Stadium style for battles). Nintendo needs to improve their standards a bit, there's no reason for a handheld that's pushing Gamecube or even Wii visuals to stick to GBA sprites with SOME 3D.
#10DiggerdudePosted 7/9/2010 1:39:16 PM
A full 3D Pokemon, done right, would probably shatter sales records to tiny pieces.

But it would require a great deal of effort - and effort is not something GameFreak likes.

Most likely it'll be slightly improved sprites, using 3D effects for attacks and having items in foreground and background. I wouldn't expect too much of substance.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds: owns PSP, NDSL & many others.