Tales of Symphonia port possible?

#1SragentThomPosted 7/9/2010 4:49:26 PM
Considering the GPU is comparable to the Gamecube and the 3DS have a 2GB cart(this game is two disk so compressing it is available if this game is over 2GB)And the 3DS have enough buttons for this game.Do you think it's possible?
#2ozfunghiPosted 7/9/2010 4:54:54 PM
Possible? Sure. But that doesn't mean anything. I'd rather see a new game in the series anyway.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#3mrfatcatPosted 7/9/2010 5:05:23 PM
There's enough buttons due to the touchscreen. Graphics can be handled. Space MIGHT be an issue, but if it is too big, they'll use a 4 GB cart.

On another note, pirates are going to have a hard time!

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#4PChaosWMPosted 7/9/2010 5:20:06 PM
It's possible but I don't think they will make a port for this game. It's a great game but I don't think it's necessary.
---
\\==========\\ PerfectChaosWM //==========//
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#5SragentThom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2010 5:21:20 PM

There's enough buttons due to the touchscreen. Graphics can be handled. Space MIGHT be an issue, but if it is too big, they'll use a 4 GB cart.

On another note, pirates are going to have a hard time!

Pirates always find a way..Any ways this game is only 2058 MB which should hold on the 3DS flash memory with some compression.
#6Lelouch71Posted 7/9/2010 6:56:00 PM
I would much prefer if they just bring over Graces. Since Namdai is one of the worst company I ever seen, I wouldn't hold out for a Symphonia port even then it would stay in Japan.
---
"There is nothing either good or evil, but thinking makes it so"
#7onilink888Posted 7/9/2010 7:12:15 PM
Possible? Sure. But that doesn't mean anything. I'd rather see a new game in the series anyway.

Same. But I hear that the Tales Studio is in some serious financial trouble right now or something.
I don't know if I should expect anything at all from them right now...
---
Blond japanese MCs: they'll stop you dead in your tracks with their potent man-beauty.
#8DarkSideOfBluePosted 7/9/2010 7:57:45 PM
There are better Tales games out there that could be ported. Symphonia isn't even top tier as far as Tales games are concerned.
#9onilink888Posted 7/10/2010 9:46:05 AM
From: DarkSideOfBlue | Posted: 7/9/2010 8:57:45 PM | #008
There are better Tales games out there that could be ported. Symphonia isn't even top tier as far as Tales games are concerned.

http://i31.tinypic.com/153l4au.jpg

I'll speak for myself here, but as a fan of the game, I could care less if it isn't in the upper echelons of Tales franchise.

For the record, I've played every Tales game except Tempest and Legendia.

A Symphonia port with the added PS2 content and an overhauled battle system would be great, though, I'd still prefer something entirely new.
---
Blond japanese MCs: they'll stop you dead in your tracks with their potent man-beauty.
#10Blanka_JrPosted 7/10/2010 9:52:24 AM
Yes it's possible, no it won't happen and if in the chance it does no it won't get localized.
---
XBAND SNES/Genesis: r9delta
"no" - Ralph Pootawn