IF they made a virtual handheld, maybe they could...

#1SuperSaiyajin9KPosted 7/9/2010 7:08:20 PM
release mother 3 on it? i mean, the only reason they stopped earthbound from being on VC was because of the pop culture references, but M3 has much fewer of those. thats the only way i see M3 becoming localized, if a mother collection isnt made.
---
U MAD?
Currently playing: Mega Man Zero Collection, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Super Mario Galaxy 2, TWEWY
#2turtleman64Posted 7/9/2010 7:11:13 PM
Not gonna happen. Never never never never never never never. As much as I want it to happen, it's never never never never gonna happen ever ever ever.
Hell, I bet if there were a way, Nintendo would take every earthbound cartridge ever made for US release and erase them from existence.
#3ZombiePikminPosted 7/9/2010 7:28:10 PM
I wish.
---
#4lfritPosted 7/9/2010 9:17:55 PM
Nintendo plans on trolling us with Mother 3 until the end of time.

When the Nintendo XDS comes out, complete with time traveling ability, Nintendo will release Mother 3. At that point in time, Nintendo will package it in with the handheld, giving us the ability to travel back into our current time period, to play Mother 3 in a Nintendo official translation, and gloat.

Wow... Nintendo really is evil
#5Megaman OmegaPosted 7/10/2010 7:34:15 AM
Why aren't we getting Mother 3? Simply because EarthBound didn't sell well at all outside of Japan. They're not trolling us, they're a business.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#6koopabros64Posted 7/10/2010 8:11:41 AM
Nintendo never wanted us to play the series in the first place. We were supposed to get mother 1 but Nintendo said no. Then mother 2 came out, and we somehow got it in the for of earthbound. But bad advertising caused low sails. Then it was never even considered to release mother 3 outside japan.
---
The Platypus the reason games like spore exist.
#7Someguy1212Posted 7/13/2010 11:02:33 AM
When I contacted Nintendo for reporting Piracy I suggested that they seriously look into this for the DSi and 3DS. I told them that many people would love it and also suggested that having one would help reduce piracy, so who knows.
---
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll142/ssbb_pwn/karpy.jpg
JUS FC: 0517-7005-1226