so explain this accelerometer and gyroscope thing to me

#1apollooooPosted 7/11/2010 8:19:55 AM
i google for it and searched for topics, and none provides information i need, what improvement it can add to the gameplay, what would it do to the console? how to use them?
---
How do I get Bowser in "Furry" mode? -Koopa_Troopa92-
Official Saix of the Birth by Sleep Board
#2MikeachuPosted 7/11/2010 8:32:18 AM
Kirby's Tilt & Tumble remake.
#3ErrorSupplyPosted 7/11/2010 8:50:22 AM
The applications are nearly limitless. I'm looking forward to seeing it used in concert with realistic physics and the 3D effect. Those elements together should make what you're seeing on screen seem like you could reach out and touch them.
---
MWR FC: 2617-3139-7951
#4blasto012000Posted 7/11/2010 9:49:30 AM
Haven't you ever played with the Wii?
---
This is my sig. Isn't that cool?
#5LawnNinjaPosted 7/11/2010 2:16:22 PM
It basically gives the 3DS all the functionality of a Wii Remote, minus the pointer (which is somewhat mirrored by the touch screen anyway).

Some people are complaining that motion-based control will ruin the 3D effect, but in my opinion, developers probably won't rely on tilt or waggle as major control options in 3DS games. More realistically, they'll use subtle motions that don't require you to really move the system drastically, and map all the major inputs to buttons.

In the end, the success of the motion-sensors in 3DS will depend on two factors: sensitivity and creativity. The sensitivity needs to be spot on, so that it's sensitive enough to detect subtle motions that won't mess with the 3D, while at the same time not responding to an unintentional input. That means the technology has to be good, and the developers need to implement it well.

</captainobviousrant>

---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#6SocksForWokPosted 7/11/2010 3:08:58 PM
iPhone and Ipod Touch use these.
---
Radeon HD4850 ~ PS3 ~ Xbox 360 ~ Wii ~ DSi ~ PSP: Unbiased GP