3D 'typical' Gimmicks and Nintendo

#11hero_of_time19Posted 7/11/2010 2:29:33 PM
They're also remaking snake eater.
---
save the cheerleader, so we can save the world- nathan petrelli
Heroes (AKA best show ever)
#12omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 2:30:46 PM
Oh my bad I got it confuse for sequels/spin-off. But you have to understand why I said it. Most of the games we saw had the same graphical style as the previous iteration of their franchise. and Ocarina of Time and MGS3D being a remake made me assume the rest were. My fault.

Also, yea, I just had an idea popped in my head about a new way to use 3-D for gameplay
---
PSN ID: Omniryu
PKMN FC: 1505 8611 4239
#13xXdarkXshadowXxPosted 7/11/2010 2:42:09 PM
Actually, MGS3D is not necessarily a remake.
The trailer that was shown at the e3 was just there to demonstrate the power of the 3DS, and check if people would even be interested in such a game for the 3DS (this game wasn't officially announced until recently). So yea, it could be anything :)

---
"You can run but you cant fly!" -Homer Simpson. All my FC's at Profile
Currently waiting for: 3DS(blue)+Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Kirby3D.
#14omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 2:58:26 PM
Wait, I take that back, not my fualt! We got more than two remakes!

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Check the 3DS game list on here.

---
#15SideC_H87Posted 7/11/2010 3:41:18 PM
We have no proof that the list of Shin Megami Tensei games are remakes or new entries. Those different names all make references to series with the exception of Devil survivor and even then we don't know if its going to be a sequel.

On the topic of 'typical 3D' gimmicks...well its up to the developer. The 3DS has ALOT of features in it, that can be used in all kinds of ways. When it comes to the application of 3D...it is entirely possible that a game maker makes a game around the use of 3D while another makes one that uses no 3D at all in order to get better graphics out of it.

But be sure you will see some people going the cheap route and using the 'bullet coming out the screen' trick.
---
so...I heard you liked sweet potato
#16omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 4:12:47 PM
Speaking of typical gimmick, No Max Payne 3D?
---
#17omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 4:15:18 PM
I know it's a given that some will take that route. Gameloft comes in mind.
---
#18strongo9Posted 7/12/2010 6:26:54 PM
I don't think so. I forgot what game it was, but some people watching a trailer in real time said that things like plants, trees, and other background objects were coming out of the screen, giving a lot of depth to the game. It isn't just going to be a lot of the lame bullets and explosions coming out of the screen.
---
Must have: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Metroid: Other M, Paper Mario,
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Kid Icarus: Uprising