Wouldn't it make more sense to swap the positions of the slide pad and the d-pad

#11GuiltySparksPosted 7/12/2010 7:27:11 PM
I really don't see the problem of the current positioning. I have no problem reaching down to use the GCN and 360 d-pads and the 3DS will probably have them even closer together then the GCN and 360 since it's a handheld.
#12YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/12/2010 8:29:55 PM
Im also going with the theory that Nintendo will add in an option to use the analog stick cause I have heard that Nintendos listened to DS fanboys about the fact that an analog stick would be better for DS games rather than D-pad.

But that was YEARS AGO! Oh and remember with the DS BC with GBA games, you could go into options and use either screen as GBA screen.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#13king_wallacePosted 7/12/2010 8:31:44 PM
I'm assuming you would be able to use the slide pad in place of the d-pad for DS games.
---
HG: 1505-8210-4297 GameFAQs moderation failure:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/king_wallace/GG/moderation.jpg
#14IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/12/2010 9:55:31 PM
The slide-pad will probably be able to mimic the D-Pad for DS games.

It is easy to tell that the D-Pad will be used very little as movement control in 3DS games. It will serve just as the d-pad does on the Gamecube and Xbox controllers - just a secondary set of buttons.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#15WCR_cabbagePosted 7/12/2010 10:41:44 PM

I'm still going with the theory that the slide pad will be able to mimic the dpad when playing DS games.

This.
---
It might just be the antifreeze I just drank, but that sounds like the greatest idea ever! - regdod (on eating a DS battery)
#16_games_Posted 7/13/2010 4:40:20 AM
Using the PSP's analog is uncomfortable and Nintendo was smart to swap the positions.
#17TeremeiPosted 7/13/2010 6:22:02 AM
you know it might look funny at first. But think about it. Nintendo handhelds have always been very well made and comfortable. I actually played my DSi and pictured the analog slider where it would be. It is actually only very slightly higher than where the dpad is now, and the face buttons are slightly higher aswell.

I just trust Nintendo's history. The 3DS is going to be very comfortable to use.
---
last &&: Trinity Universe
$$ soon: DQIX (ds), Ivy the Kiwi? (ds), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#18X_Roxas_XPosted 7/13/2010 8:48:24 AM
The 3DS is designed to play 3DS games, the fact that it also can play DS games is just a lucky little addition. They shouldn't carer the design of the whole device to outdated games that can be played perfectly fine on all iterations of the DA, they should make the 3DS focus on 3DS games.
---
It's like 4chan is doing a test run for seizing control of the government. - Flashman on Alvin Greene's win in SC.
#19MetaKirbyFanPosted 7/13/2010 10:01:33 AM
(Pretend this is the second post, the one from Pochama. For some reason, the censor bypass thing claimed I used a forbidden word)

Jeez dude, calm down. It was just a question.

Anyway, I don't mind the little movement either. I hope it makes good use of both, though.
---
Cents make scents which makes sense.
#20ImGanondorfLolPosted 7/13/2010 3:18:06 PM
"The 3DS is designed to play 3DS games, the fact that it also can play DS games is just a lucky little addition. They shouldn't carer the design of the whole device to outdated games that can be played perfectly fine on all iterations of the DA, they should make the 3DS focus on 3DS games."

What this guy said. This is your answer and you can't argue against it!
---
My signature is
two lines long.