Dudes, this game NEEDS to be on the 3DS

#1L0L_FAQPosted 7/13/2010 11:08:18 AM
www.geekosystem.com/miegakure-4d-game-info-no-demo-download/

How can it not? The best way to portray a 4D game in a 3D perspective is in 3D, not the flatness of PC/Mac/Linux.
---
"SS sucks. They should've called it "A Split Second" instead so it could be aptly abbreviated ASS."- Million Eyes
#2K3wlnessPosted 7/13/2010 11:42:34 AM
Looks cool, but how is that 4D? It's impossible for humans to accurately perceive a 4th spatial dimension...
---
Gamertag: Ice Ice Hawt
"All you need is love." - John Lennon
#3tirkaroPosted 7/13/2010 12:23:30 PM
....could someone tell me why they're using a sprite of young Claus from Mother 3 as the main character?

I suppose it'll be changed in the final version, but that's still just strange.
#4koopabros64Posted 7/13/2010 1:04:51 PM
This isn't 4D.
---
The Platypus the reason games like spore exist.
#5youngoliPosted 7/13/2010 1:16:24 PM
Looks cool, but how is that 4D? It's impossible for humans to accurately perceive a 4th spatial dimension...

Imagine a CAT scan. It's a 2d representation of our 3d bodies, and it works by showing pictures of each separate "plane". If a 2d object were to move along a 3d space, it would see mostly the same thing; the plane of existence that it's currently on is randomly changing. For example, if a 2d being moved "up" in 3d space right next to a sphere, it would just see a circle getting bigger and bigger, and then smaller again. That is essentially what the game is doing. You can't accurately perceive the 4d image, you can only see one 3d "plane" of it at a time.
---
("\(o,,o)/") RAWR! *the thing eats you*-oplinger
You are on the interweb. English is a secondary language here.- watchers_eye
#6L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 1:31:29 PM
The coding of this game is such that the fourth dimension is perpendicular to all our current 3 dimensions, so it fits the definition of 4D. Say, a line that is perfectly horizontal is at 90 degrees from a line that is perfectly vertical, as well as one the is perfectly perspective (along the Z-Axis), and this applies for all our 3 dimensions. The game is coded in such a way that the fourth dimension is perpendicular to our 3 dimensions, which is damn cool. following from the guy who talked about a sphere moving through a 2D plane, which is why 2D beings could only see a dot getting bigger, then smaller, this perspective only strengthens the theory that time is the fourth dimension and perfectly linear, as we only see it one plane at any instant. We are, on a grand scale, all in one time AT one time.
---
"SS sucks. They should've called it "A Split Second" instead so it could be aptly abbreviated ASS."- Million Eyes
#7K3wlnessPosted 7/13/2010 2:03:55 PM
Thanks youngoli, so it's a 3D representation of what 4D is like. Thanks for clearing that up!
---
Gamertag: Ice Ice Hawt
"All you need is love." - John Lennon
#8AlphaWhelpPosted 7/13/2010 2:17:36 PM

Thanks youngoli, so it's a 3D representation of what 4D is like. Thanks for clearing that up!

Actually, if you head to that games website, it tells you exactly how it works. Only 3 dimensions are visible at any given time. You push a button to swap out one of the 3 dimensions with the 4th dimension, and as far as I can tell, you're just trying to get to the end of the level like a SMB.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
"Look at me! I'm quoting myself! Aren't I cool?" ~ Me
#9L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 4:09:35 PM
Yes, and it also seems like a pretty fun and innovative game in any case. Secondly, if these developers have any sense at all, it can run without issues at all on the 3DS.
---
#10AlphaWhelpPosted 7/13/2010 4:17:08 PM

Yes, and it also seems like a pretty fun and innovative game in any case. Secondly, if these developers have any sense at all, it can run without issues at all on the 3DS.

Err... it can run without issues on any platform, why is the 3DS so special and why do they "have sense" if they make it for a console that a small number of people will have, instead of making it a low systems reqs PC game that many millions of people will have?

You think Bejeweled became a hit game because it got made for the DS?
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
"Look at me! I'm quoting myself! Aren't I cool?" ~ Me