Will Slidepad work with DS games

#1kalooPosted 7/13/2010 5:41:18 PM
Do you think the slidepad will be able to act as a D-Pad if you're playing a DS Game in the 3DS? Cause if not then it's gonna be awkward to play DS Games with it.
---
NEW ROCKET KNIGHT~
#2IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/13/2010 5:44:26 PM
It will probably be able to mimic the DS' D-Pad while playing DS games. We do not know, as the console has not been released yet.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#3GTRagnarokPosted 7/13/2010 5:45:16 PM
No doubt. And it'll help with a lot of DS games.

---
One of the Dedicated 500 - #33, #309
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=570526&topic=47462663
#4AlphaWhelpPosted 7/13/2010 5:50:27 PM
maybe, maybe not, there are a lot of PS1 games that don't work with the analog, even after sony created PS1 controllers with analogs.

I spent something like 20 minutes going "WHY CAN'T I MOVE MY CHARACTER?!" in FF7 until I finally realized I had to use the dpad.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling? A: I've made a post.
"Look at me! I'm quoting myself! Aren't I cool?" ~ Me
#5gransPosted 7/13/2010 6:02:20 PM

No doubt. And it'll help with a lot of DS games.

Although it's possible the slide pad will be used in DS games, it won't make the games control any better. Maybe easier on your thumb, but games don't just magically work with enhanced precision when they weren't programmed for it. I see it as a thumb saver and easier to hit the diagonals, but the games won't automatically have analog precision. For example, Mario 64 DS will still have no running speed variation and you'll still have to hold the y button down to run. Unless they release some kind of downloadable hack for the game to fix the controls (which i'll admit would actually be awesome and a great way to enhance old DS games, especially 3D games like Mario 64 and Kingdom Hearts).

I hope they make it so you can use either the analog slider or the dpad in DS games. Maybe have the option to switch between those, or just make it optional on the fly.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6GTRagnarokPosted 7/13/2010 6:05:06 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean, even if it's just a Dpad in stick form. Using the Dpad for long term movement kinda sucks. (I'm playing Tales of Innocence right now).

---
One of the Dedicated 500 - #33, #309
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=570526&topic=47462663