Shmups
PSP:
Darius Burst
Cho Aniki Zero
Gunbird 2 remix
NeoGeo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
Star Soldier
Strikers 1945 Plus Portable
And a metric ton of good ports in collections (Gradius Collection, Star Soldier Collection, Twinbee Portable, Salamander Portable, Parodius Portable and a lot more in general compilations) and some of those never got released in the US so almost count as full new releases for us.

DS:
Nanostray
Nanostray 2
Ketsui Death Label (goes for like $100+)

Racing
PSP:
Gran Turismo
MotorStorm Arctic Edge (amazingly great game, massively under-rated)
SEGA Rally Revo (dominates the console versions in quality and controls)
Ridge Racer
Burnout Legends
WipEout Pure
WipEout Pulse
Quite a few Colin McRae/Dirt games
A few Midnight Club games
And a lot more that are good, and any time a game was on both systems the PSP version was at least decent while the DS version was generally trash.

DS:
Mario Kart DS
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
And????

It just saddens me that shmups & racing games rank high among my favorite genres, and out of the 70 or so DS games I own, I only own a single game from each genre (Mario Kart & Nanostray 2).

Nintendo seems to be going more after hardcore gamers with 3DS, so hopefully this problem is targetted and resolved.

Discuss.

---
XBL/PSN: Gigamog
Playing: Dragon Quest IX
#2SocksForWokPosted 7/13/2010 9:51:46 PM
Lots of PSP imports.
---
Radeon HD4850 ~ PS3 ~ Xbox 360 ~ Wii ~ DSi ~ PSP: Unbiased GP
#3Darrentg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 9:58:57 PM
Yeah, but shmups in general are probably the biggest genre where importing is required(not just on PSP, but all platforms), and there are rarely language barrier issues with them, so it's all good.

---
XBL/PSN: Gigamog
Playing: Dragon Quest IX
#4teh1337gosuPosted 7/13/2010 10:07:52 PM
Yeah, but shmups in general are probably the biggest genre where importing is required(not just on PSP, but all platforms), and there are rarely language barrier issues with them, so it's all good.

I've never even heard of most of the shumps on that list. I think we can all agree that the only genre where the PSP is far superior is racing, but MKDS is still great.
---
Now playing: Deadly Creatures (Wii), de Blob (Wii), Killzone 2 (PS3)
#5SocksForWokPosted 7/13/2010 10:15:29 PM
He doesn't even have the best PSP racing game listed : (
---
Radeon HD4850 ~ PS3 ~ Xbox 360 ~ Wii ~ DSi ~ PSP: Unbiased GP
#6pocchama1996Posted 7/13/2010 10:17:16 PM
TRACKMANIA
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#7relsoftPosted 7/14/2010 2:21:33 AM
SHMUPS!!!! Woot!!!!

BTW, check my sig, I'm making a DS shmup.
---
My free DS homebrews: http://rel.betterwebber.com
Space Impakto DS video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPRiI41BBs
#8MasterOtenkoPosted 7/14/2010 3:55:36 AM
Don't forget fighters!
---
Unyu! Unya!
#9TeremeiPosted 7/14/2010 6:05:22 AM
Most of the PSP shmups you listed are Japan imports. I like shmups too but PSP's US shmups is just as lacking as the DS. For racing give me a top quality A+ title like Mario Kart over 5 mediocre ones any day.

What I'd like to see though is more FPS on the 3DS. With the analog and tilt sensor for aiming there is no excuse for not having more shooters on the system.
---
last &&: Trinity Universe
$$ soon: DQIX (ds), Ivy the Kiwi? (ds), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#10samimckeePosted 7/14/2010 7:00:32 AM
I don't know about about the PSP version, but the PS3 version of Modnation Racers wipes the floor with any version Mario Kart.
I honestly don't see the appeal of Mario Kart anymore.
---
So bad, not even Naruto would believe it.
PSN ID- Webshot64