I sure hope 3DS fixes some of the major gaps in DS's library

#11FragonWestTinePosted 7/14/2010 6:23:20 AM
Mario Kart DS is the only DS racer we'll ever need.

Fake Edit: Level Up! Now Imma New User (2)
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Sonic and the Black Knight.
Waiting for: 3DS
#12DiggerdudePosted 7/14/2010 6:29:21 AM
TC, I hear you. For some genres the DS has been terrible and the PSP has been great. Especially 3D racing and fighting games. The reason was mainly technical - the DS hardware is just not very good for those types of games.

The 3DS will great for them, so yes, I do think those DS gaps will get filled on 3DS. It's gonna be an epic platform, I have zero doubts about that.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds. Patiently waiting for the 3DS.
#13SShredder565Posted 7/14/2010 7:36:35 AM
Trackmania and Diddy Kong Racing DS were great DS racing games as well, just not as good as the other two. But yeah it's obvious that the PSP has a lot more games in that category.
#14johnboy81918Posted 7/14/2010 8:16:24 AM
yeah, the DS had MKDS and GRID, and that was about it as far as any kind of driving games. I agree with TC, hopefully the 3DS can provide more than just a couple over its lifetime!
---
Pwning n00bz the world over.
Wi-Fi info in quote
#15CosmoKramer4700Posted 7/14/2010 8:21:30 AM
DS has good fighting games!

Jump Superstars
Jump Ultimate Stars
One Piece: Gigant Battle

---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#16ohnoooooPosted 7/14/2010 9:15:33 AM
DS Racing games:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/list-62
---
OBJECTION: http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3998457
#17Link3Posted 7/14/2010 9:21:32 AM
DS has good fighting games!

Jump Superstars
Jump Ultimate Stars
One Piece: Gigant Battle

As fun as the Jump games are, I still want a more traditional fighter. I wish it had a good Street Fighter game or something. Or a Street Fighter game in general, for that matter.

---
#18Darrentg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2010 4:02:48 PM
I've never even heard of most of the shumps on that list. I think we can all agree that the only genre where the PSP is far superior is racing, but MKDS is still great.

Doesn't matter, there are quite a few great and classic shmups on PSP. If you haven't heard of many of the ones I listed, then you're probably not a fan of the genre anyway.

Don't forget fighters!

Yeah, that's another genre where PSP stomps DS into the ground.

What I'd like to see though is more FPS on the 3DS. With the analog and tilt sensor for aiming there is no excuse for not having more shooters on the system.

Absolutely agreed, I was thinking about this earlier today, I could go for some good FPS games on 3DS. Touchscreen controls work great IMO for the genre, and putting the genre in 3D will be pretty cool.

---
XBL/PSN: Gigamog
Playing: Dragon Quest IX
#19nostalgic_gitPosted 7/14/2010 4:08:43 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for I Did It Mum 3DS.