I know that the Nintendo 3DS has some really good launch titles...

#21DiggerdudePosted 7/14/2010 7:25:20 AM
There are also many bad books and bad movies - does this mean you can't find good books and good movies to watch? No.

Seriously TC, shovelware has always existed. It's just an indication of a platform's commercial success. DS has tons of it, but it also has loads of quality games. 3DS will be the same, only I think it will have even better games. So what if it gets loads of crap - just don't buy the crap. It's that simple.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds. Patiently waiting for the 3DS.
#22johnboy81918Posted 7/14/2010 9:24:05 AM
So what if it gets loads of crap - just don't buy the crap. It's that simple.

It's not that simple. If I see one stellar game surrounded by 83 and a half shovelware titles on the shelf, I might grab one of them accidentally. Then I'm forced to buy it and tell myself it's as good as the game I somehow managed to pass up. After that, real life might kick in though...and I'll wake up.
---
Pwning n00bz the world over.
Wi-Fi info in quote
#23leeko_linkPosted 7/14/2010 9:33:57 AM
"Also, when i said at least 16, i meant 16 i KNOW to be shovelware.

Theres probably like 30 actual shovelware"

Don't underestimate shovelware though as some could very well turn out to be good too. Henry Hatworths and Speed Racer came to mind, they make suppose-to-be-core games like TMNT: Arcade Attack and Tenchu: Dark Secret feel like shovelware instead.
#24MetaKirbyFanPosted 7/14/2010 9:47:52 AM
It's not that simple. If I see one stellar game surrounded by 83 and a half shovelware titles on the shelf, I might grab one of them accidentally. Then I'm forced to buy it and tell myself it's as good as the game I somehow managed to pass up. After that, real life might kick in though...and I'll wake up.

That's the best you could do?
---
Cents make scents which makes sense.
#25D NycePosted 7/14/2010 9:56:41 AM
What????? DBZ SuperSonic Warriors 2 now owns this topic.

Flawless Victory.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#26UponADarkThornePosted 7/14/2010 10:23:18 AM
Sports games, contrary to what most gamers would like to believe, are not shovelware. Neither are titles like Martha Stewart. They're intended for -casual- gamers, not the average "gamer" so while you might think they're trash, they still have a viable market.

The only thinks that might be considered shovelware are the movie-based games, whose audience is usually young children who just like the characters, and the old arcade games that will likely be budget titles. There's a few that I really don't know anything about that are in question... All in all, I counted about thirteen titles.

The Lego games are great games, even if the premise is a bit silly. The Splinter Cell series has better gameplay than the Metal Gear Solid series, even if the stories and characters are generic.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson