Any confirmation on the type of 3D effect were getting

#1mada7Posted 7/15/2010 6:03:15 AM
I was very much under the impression that it was a 3D effect similar to in the movies (articles on kotaku and destructoid) where there is stuff that pops out but Ive seen a few comments the have said it is just dropping into the screen. Can anyone confirm if its one or the other possibly both
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
#2AceBandage_JrPosted 7/15/2010 6:04:52 AM
It's both.
It adds depth, both into the screen and from the screen.
<('.'<)(^'.'<) (^'.'^) <( '.' )> (^'.'^) (>'.'^)(>'.')> DO THE KIRBY!!
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?
#3Dark_FluxPosted 7/15/2010 6:55:57 AM
Yeah its both, as is the 3D at cinemas, although its different tech.
PSN ID : Dark-Flux2
#4LawnNinjaPosted 7/15/2010 8:42:09 AM
MY guess is that the brunt of the effect will be a concave depth window, with a minimum of convex "popping".

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#5SlimeknightPosted 7/15/2010 9:09:00 AM
I hope it will be better than that awful playboy 3-D technology.
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#6ozfunghiPosted 7/15/2010 9:33:24 AM
The effect is how developers want it to be. However, since it's harder to keep focus on things appearing closer to your eyes than farther away, it's likely that they will usually make it look like the depth is behind the screen and not in front of it (or not by much). At least for the things that require your focus.

***The Kid is in rare form tonight***