Nintendo should follow the Steam model as far as digital distribution goes.

#11ZanimarPosted 7/16/2010 4:55:09 PM
Actually no, you could buy Half-Life 2 in stores on a CD, but actually wanting to install it and play it requires you to create/login to your account in order to play/install it. This made it so that anyone without an internet connection basicallly wasted money on this game as it doesn't really state on the box that you need an internet connection or a Steam account. In fact I didn't find out until I was installing the game and it forced me to create an account before I could even continue the install. So no I would not like being forced to log in each and every time I want to play a game, especially if I'm in an area that has no internet.
#12TheChaospower(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2010 5:02:33 PM
I was referring to 3DS games.
---
flamingpants364 (7:06:59 PM): I've been smoking and pretending to be in the UN
pyrodoom (7:07:06 PM): so you're jamaica
#13Megaman OmegaPosted 7/17/2010 7:08:55 AM
I'm all for it. Actually, i'm against digital distribution in games, so i would prefer it if you could have that system with the option to buy the game at a retailer and register it.

I'm not saying digital distribution is bad, but i personally prefer having the box in my hands.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#14WahahaNamePosted 7/17/2010 7:16:58 AM
The price reductions are awesome, everything else is unnecessary. I don't get why every game has to be $60. Price should depend on the quality of the game.
#15Hyrulesaver123Posted 7/17/2010 7:41:26 AM
I'm cool with that as long as two things happen:
A) They give a large amount of storage for games (32 GB preferred)
B) They also utilize a card slot

Sony was stupid going full-on downloads only with the GO!. Imagine someone who doesn't have access to an internet connection, they're absolutely ****ed.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#16Vin_LAURiAPosted 7/17/2010 7:57:15 AM
I've been wanting Nintendo and VALVe to team up for their online platform for a while.
---
Formerly GaeMFreeK. Codes in profile. GameFAQ's resident Nintendo guru.
You better believe it.
#17Der_BearPosted 7/17/2010 8:02:09 AM

The price reductions are awesome, everything else is unnecessary. I don't get why every game has to be $60. Price should depend on the quality of the game.

PC games are $50 starting.
---
He's like a kid in a candy shop, and that candy is... success. And I'm that friendly man at this cash register with a handle bar mustache.
#18GuiltySparksPosted 7/17/2010 8:11:30 AM
The price reductions are awesome, everything else is unnecessary. I don't get why every game has to be $60. Price should depend on the quality of the game

Problem is that quality is subjective. A game that's worth $60 to someone may not be worth it to someone else.