Nintendo steals all their ideas.

#1MetaKirbyFanPosted 7/19/2010 1:31:15 PM
Doing things for fun was already invented. Nintendo should come up with their own thing!
---
Cents make scents which makes sense.
#2Lord_CohlianiPosted 7/19/2010 1:32:25 PM
This topic is full of win.
---
SteamID: LordCohliani
PSN: LordCohliani
#3TIGERPOKEMONPosted 7/19/2010 1:33:04 PM
*Cough* VIRTUAL BOY 1995 *COUGH*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Boy
---
Offical Wind Sage For OoT 3D
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98%that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#4TIGERPOKEMONPosted 7/19/2010 1:34:40 PM
*Note* I was giving an example of the worst Nintendo system ever, not fun for alot of people....
---
Offical Wind Sage For OoT 3D
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98%that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
#5trenkenPosted 7/19/2010 1:58:36 PM
Nintendo hasnt come up with a single original concept in their history, but what they have done is get others ideas out to a larger audience. That's what they do.
#6StankymooPosted 7/19/2010 2:05:57 PM
It's funny that someone brought up the virtual boy. Hasn't Nintendo's Japanese president advised people to not play the 3DS for longer than an hour and a half? I wonder if the eye strain that people suffered playing the virtual boy will make a come back? I surely hope not though!
---
"Let me away from this boulder!"
#7Megaman OmegaPosted 7/20/2010 1:53:40 PM

Nintendo hasnt come up with a single original concept in their history, but what they have done is get others ideas out to a larger audience. That's what they do.

It's not really possible to come up with an "original concept" in making hardware because every "original concept" has already been done a decade ago in some lab by scientists using machines costing hundreds of thousands of dollars.

What do you except, Nintendo making up new technology on the spot and putting it into a console?
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#8Tenma777Posted 7/21/2010 3:41:17 AM

Inventing the concept alone is not everything. Obviously Nintendo should not get credit for something it did not create on its own (even though in fairness, very few things are made from 'nothing', there is always an inspiration) but Nintendo is the one that is ballsy enough to do something different while other industry folk prefer to stay 'safe' and do not think outside the box.

The D-pad, practical portable gaming (was not a battery sucker like all other portables back then), 3d analog stick, Motion based gameplay, it's all Nintendo's big baby.

Ideas are important too, but ideas are nothing without the technical real life understanding (wisdom) of how to apply it in real life.
#9leeko_linkPosted 7/23/2010 12:50:06 PM
"Doing things for fun was already invented. Nintendo should come up with their own thing!"

They can't because doing things boring was already invented too.