Does anyone expect a 3DSi or 3DSi XL?

#1StankymooPosted 7/19/2010 3:34:04 PM
Of course they might not use those exact names, but still. Anyone? I'm not sure what to think, but obviously it will depend on how well the 3DS sells.
---
"Let me away from this boulder!"
#2ZanimarPosted 7/19/2010 3:38:40 PM
Well seeing as how the 3DS will have 3DSware from the start, the only thing we may see is a 3DS XL, but no DSi type of upgrade.
#3Quite_WhittlePosted 7/19/2010 3:39:07 PM
More like a 3DSlite.
#4vidalmorazaPosted 7/19/2010 3:48:40 PM
Actually, yes, there is new technology that makes the angle of the 3D effect bigger, new screens, the 3DS is done months ago, so they can release with those new screens, no need to be at a certain angle to see it...
---
XBL/PSN: VidalukoVet
This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC08813.jpg
#5Tengu_spamPosted 7/19/2010 4:13:51 PM
Nintendo loves our money so yes.
(nothing wrong with that)
#6T-Viral-XPosted 7/19/2010 4:19:50 PM
Well, the 3DS is already DSi-esque, so not that.
---
[~N~] lol, sig
Nintendo is going to buy Canada with the money they make from the 3DS
#7strongo9Posted 7/19/2010 5:05:48 PM
The only upgrade I'm expecting to see is a 3DS XL. It is essentially already at the DSi stage. It doesn't need a size reduction or minor upgrades.
---
Must have: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Metroid: Other M, Paper Mario,
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Kid Icarus: Uprising
#8elheberPosted 7/19/2010 5:07:31 PM
An improved 3DS? Yes. Nintendo has always released improved versions of their handhelds. What exactly they'll add to the 3DS is a mystery, though.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#9dspmusikPosted 7/19/2010 7:05:35 PM
I know it seems like they just want our $$$, but don't we like it when car companies redesign our favorite models? Isn't it nice to get a new computer with new features? A new TV? These are products you already own, yet upgraded versions of them become available. You aren't forced to buy it, and you can even wait 2 more years till the first upgrade is released to get a 3ds if you like.
As for me, i'll buy probably every version at a midnight release, and sell the old model on ebay (my DSi shipped out a few weeks ago, BTW)
---
It's not until you realize you have earned hell that you can be granted access to heaven.
#10StarSonicPosted 7/21/2010 12:11:24 PM
Hmmm, I don't know actually. I see the 3DS very much like a GameBoy Color. With the original GameBoy, the original GBA, and the original DS, at least one upgrade was released.

The GameBoy had the Pocket (and in Japan, the Light).
The GBA had the SP and Micro.
And the DS so far has had the most iterations with the Lite, DSi, and DSi XL.

But, if you recall, the GameBoy Color stayed the GameBoy Color. It was a system that could only be improved through a total revamp of the hardware, a la the GameBoy Advance. I see the 3DS to be the same deal. It's already thin and sleek, it's got the cameras from the DSi, the internet and DSi Shop should work fine on it, it's got the signature 3D effects, and an analogue stick. The only thing they could possibly do to entice new buyers is to release a version with a higher quality camera (like, I don't know, something that can at least compete with my CELL PHONE??) or a longer battery life if the 3DS has a short one for whatever reason.

Additionally, I also see a lot of similarities between the 3DS and the GameBoy Color because of how it appropriates and builds upon the DS hardware, but features improved graphical prowess. And the cartridges are not backwards compatible...er forwards compatible or whatever. They don't work on the regular DS.
---
"Everybody's gotta wear clothes, and if you don't, you gonna get arrested." - Mr. T
http://www.last.fm/user/Doopliss77