Reasons why Super Smash Brothers would be terrible on 3DS

#1Vaztor71Posted 7/19/2010 6:48:23 PM
There's just no way I can really see this game working on a portable console. The game is meant for home consoles to be played with friends not on a bus or something. It's not really that type of game. Plus it always pushes the systems capabilities graphics wise and functionality wise (I mean look how Brawl got online while New Super Mario Bros Wii didn't) and has a vast range of characters and the portable version just wouldn't be able to live up to that.

Plus Sakurai barely wanted to make Brawl (But thank God he did) so I think the chances of him getting on board again are pretty much slim to none and without Sakurai, Smash Bros just has no soul. Can you imagine how bad a Smash Bros would be without him?

So yeah... stick with the big name home consoles for Smash Bros guys.
---
[~N~] Prez [~W~]
Brawl is the best game ever
#2PeytaroPosted 7/19/2010 6:51:52 PM
Well, since the 3DS has more space to work with and the graphical power of a a Gamecube (so we think), along with a promise of much improved graphics, then NO, not many of those reasons are valid.

The only problem is Sakurai's willingness to do the series.

---
http://z11.invisionfree.com/SSBB_Freeboards/index.php?
Stitches with no anesthetic hurt less than anesthetic shots. :P
#3ToastIsWooshPosted 7/19/2010 6:59:14 PM
I like Smash at home and on the consoles, but I only ever play with friends when there's a party or something. And to have it on the go, why the hell not? I have fun in single player anyways, and I love handheld games. It can't go wrong, IMO.
---
http://i28.tinypic.com/4sg10k.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg http://i25.tinypic.com/25tun90.jpg
#4HawkproPosted 7/19/2010 7:00:35 PM
I've been waiting for a portable SSB for years, I wanted them to do it since GBA. With the DS a N64 remake was 100% possible, and with the 3DS there just is no excuse. I understand what you are saying about it being meant to be played with 4 people in the same room, but what about road trips, plane flights, bus rides, or just meeting up with with some friends who don't own a Wii but own a 3DS? (I have a few friends with a DS but don't own a single console).

I think there's no reason why they shouldn't do it, now the question is will they?
---
I'm bored.
#5elheberPosted 7/19/2010 7:34:02 PM
Features a DS/3DS SSB can have that can't be done on the Wii:

5-Players or More: Each system is its own controller, so why not. I mean, if you ever choose to play with that many.
Real Invisibility Powers/Powerups: Since each player has his own screen, he can become invisible to other players and still be able to see himself.
Independent Cameras: At its simplest, you no longer need to share a camera and when it zooms out your character takes priority. At its best, you can independently control your camera or affect enemy cameras with powerups.
Independent Sound: At its simplest, anything farther from you sounds fainter. At its best, some powers and powerups give you an edge over others like making you silent to them.
Extra Screen: Maybe a zoomed out view of the stage. Maybe a special screen for game mechanics like "spying" what an opponent actually sees. Maybe a glorified HUD so the top screen is pure gameplay.
Touch Screen: SSBB couldn't incorporate Pointer controlled game mechanics because not everyone would be using a Wiimote. But now specials, Final Smashes, or powerups may be able to incorporate a touch screen mechanic for all... like tapping the screen for Snakes Final Smash, or triggering stage hazards by touching them on the bottom screen.
Independent Game Progress: Just because you unlocked Luigi in your game doesn't mean the other player should be able to use Luigi on his game when playing you.
Independent Character Select Screen: A shared setting so nobody can see each other's character selection choice. Great for double-blind char selection rules in tournaments.
Knock-Out Mode: In a Stock game, if you and another player get knocked out while the remaining players continue to battle, you could have an option to play each other on a seperate stage while you wait.
Tournament Bracket Mode: All players in a tournament mode play at the same time in their independent matches. Once you're done with your opponent, the game waits for your next opponent to be done with his game, and then links with him automatically.

I'm sleepy so that's enough for now. But you should get the idea of why a portable SSB might be nice.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
Daos (Doritos and Orange Soda) for Con2 currency name. I support this.
#6ToastIsWooshPosted 7/19/2010 7:36:19 PM

Features a DS/3DS SSB can have that can't be done on the Wii:

5-Players or More: Each system is its own controller, so why not. I mean, if you ever choose to play with that many.
Real Invisibility Powers/Powerups: Since each player has his own screen, he can become invisible to other players and still be able to see himself.
Independent Cameras: At its simplest, you no longer need to share a camera and when it zooms out your character takes priority. At its best, you can independently control your camera or affect enemy cameras with powerups.
Independent Sound: At its simplest, anything farther from you sounds fainter. At its best, some powers and powerups give you an edge over others like making you silent to them.
Extra Screen: Maybe a zoomed out view of the stage. Maybe a special screen for game mechanics like "spying" what an opponent actually sees. Maybe a glorified HUD so the top screen is pure gameplay.
Touch Screen: SSBB couldn't incorporate Pointer controlled game mechanics because not everyone would be using a Wiimote. But now specials, Final Smashes, or powerups may be able to incorporate a touch screen mechanic for all... like tapping the screen for Snakes Final Smash, or triggering stage hazards by touching them on the bottom screen.
Independent Game Progress: Just because you unlocked Luigi in your game doesn't mean the other player should be able to use Luigi on his game when playing you.
Independent Character Select Screen: A shared setting so nobody can see each other's character selection choice. Great for double-blind char selection rules in tournaments.
Knock-Out Mode: In a Stock game, if you and another player get knocked out while the remaining players continue to battle, you could have an option to play each other on a seperate stage while you wait.
Tournament Bracket Mode: All players in a tournament mode play at the same time in their independent matches. Once you're done with your opponent, the game waits for your next opponent to be done with his game, and then links with him automatically.

I'm sleepy so that's enough for now. But you should get the idea of why a portable SSB might be nice.

You made me want a Smash for 3DS a whole lot more now. I NEED IT NOW!!
---
http://i28.tinypic.com/4sg10k.jpg http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg http://i25.tinypic.com/25tun90.jpg
#7Leviathen12Posted 7/19/2010 7:39:19 PM
This topic's title is now:
"Reasons why Super Smash Brothers would be AWESOME on 3DS"

My reason? Play against every friend you know! You know they'll get it outta curiousity... :D
---
... I love cake...
#8StankymooPosted 7/19/2010 9:45:12 PM
I think the main issue for the TC would be getting at least 4 friends together with 3DSs so they can battle it out. At least with a Wii all you need is 3 friends and 4 controllers. With a portable version you'd need 4 3DSs and 4 copies of the game.

Of course, there is online play, but who really thinks brawl is fun without physically being near your friends? I don't, personally.

Of course these aren't my issues with the game, but rather, what issues I THINK the TC MIGHT have, so this entire post is... meaningless? Never mind.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia, Facebook
What do you mean Facebook's not a game? Why can I play it on my 360 then?
#9snapkey2Posted 7/19/2010 10:27:20 PM
elheber you have some simply amazing ideas sir. Nintendo is passing up FREE money if they don't make a smash on the 3DS
---
To take the IQ test click here if the link is not working you FAIL
#10TimohtepPosted 7/19/2010 10:29:56 PM

4 copies of the game.

Bah! Download Play!
---
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile