Donkey Kong 64 remake?

#1Ryu_breadPosted 7/19/2010 9:22:29 PM
Yes? No?
#2gransPosted 7/19/2010 9:33:13 PM
I'd take it, but it needs some work. The original had some issues that needed addressing that kept it from being a truly awesome game. I'd rather just have an original game. Maybe a new DKC for the 3DS if the Wii game is a success. Rare is not a really good developer anymore anyways. They ruined the DKC ports on GBA as well as Banjo Kazooie now on 360. And the Diddy Kong Racing DS port had some serious issues too. So i'm skeptical about their ability to make a decent remake.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3strongo9Posted 7/19/2010 10:09:27 PM
I say let Retro studios take command of any project that Nintendo would have given Rare to do. Retro could make and DK64 sequel or any game for that matter.
---
Must have: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Metroid: Other M, Paper Mario,
Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Kid Icarus: Uprising
#4ConfusionOmniPosted 7/19/2010 11:28:57 PM
It's fine with me but...

Beaver. Bother. Must. Die.
---
--------
Capcom has turned Schrodinger's cat into Wesker's head.
#5TeremeiPosted 7/20/2010 3:49:44 AM
If Retro's DKC returns game turns out to be a success, and a really good game. I deffinatly wouldn't mind NIntendo handing over duties of reviving Rare games that Nintendo still owns. Unfortunately after DK64 not many other N64 and on games exist that Nintendo still has the rights to.

How bout letting Retro make a 3D Donkey Kong platformer from scratch? I'd like to see that. Overall I'd just like to see 3D platformers make a comeback. WIth the improved graphics and Analog control the 3DS would deffinatly be a proper system to do that.
---
last &&: DQIX (ds)
$$ soon: Ivy the Kiwi? (ds), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#6mrfatcatPosted 7/20/2010 6:09:25 AM
DK64 is the biggest collectathon in history. Period.

But a remake is entirely possible. Make a bunch of ORIGINAL Golden Bananas instead of repeats and remove Jetpac and replace it with another game. How about Popeye? Similar to how Jetpac was Rare's first game, it can be Nintendo's.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#7UltimateJosephPosted 7/20/2010 7:47:48 AM
Sorry, it has to be one of Nintendo's one I.P.s.
#8TeremeiPosted 7/22/2010 7:36:34 PM
who owns the rights to the original arcade popeye now btw.
---
last &&: DQIX (ds)
$$ soon: Ivy the Kiwi? (ds), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#9DragonwarriordudePosted 7/22/2010 9:01:43 PM
Yes
---
Mike: 0045-5942-6733
Pokemon SS
#104evermario1Posted 7/22/2010 9:50:13 PM
...well, I guess it could work, but it needs some serious, SERIOUS work.

Donkey Kong 64 takes the cake for having some of the all-time worst mini-games I have ever played in a video game, and that is quite an accomplishment.

Hell, at points the game feels more like a Mario Party game than a run and jump 3D platformer with the amount of mini-games and bonus barrels it has. And some of them require pure, random luck to complete. No skill. Just pure luck. Not only that, but some of the other non-bonus barrel bananas require some sheer luck to accomplish. I can recount many instances where the timer was way too short, and you would run out of time as quick as a wink. You had to be perfect and not make any mistakes to keep up with the timer.