Possible UK price leak from play.com?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Possible UK price leak from play.com?

User Info: pansybadger

pansybadger
6 years ago#1
So I was browsing on play.com and they've recently listed the 3DS in their products. Not suprisingly, when I clicked on it, it was just a temporary screen with the usual "enter e-mail to be notified of when you can order blah blah blah" stuff.

However when I navigated away from the page, on the side in the 'recently viewed items" box, this appeared: http://tinypic.com/r/30w9he1/3

Yeap, it's listed it as 199.99. I've always said to my friends that I won't be paying over 200 at launch for one, so if this is true, I supposed I will be happy.

Discuss?
Hey newbie, if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, are you still a dumbass?

User Info: MizuhoChama

MizuhoChama
6 years ago#2
Placeholder.
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235

User Info: d0wner

d0wner
6 years ago#3
They also have a placeholder price for 3DS games. It's 99.99. For those in the US, that's roughly $152.
floating upon the surface for the birds.

pansybadger
6 years ago#4
Ahh, I see.

Crap... that means there's still a possibility of it being over 200. Oh well.
Hey newbie, if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, are you still a dumbass?

User Info: xXdarkXshadowXx

xXdarkXshadowXx
6 years ago#5
BUT, you can pre-order 2 games from there for 25 which are Dragon Ball 3DS, and some Gundam game.
They also have a release date (19/11/2010 for DB3DS), which I doubt is real.
|n\**/o\* |o)*||//----All FC's at Profile.
|_U_/*/_/\_\*|_|\_\* |_|\_\---Currently waiting for: 3DS(blue)+Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Kirby3D.

User Info: Hyrulesaver123

Hyrulesaver123
6 years ago#6
199 pounds is somewhere around $300 bucks.

That's WAY too high.
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2

pansybadger
6 years ago#7
I sort of understand and agree with what you're saying, Hyrulesaver. However, if it does end up costing 199 over here, I wouldn't be surprised if it only costs $230 - $250 in the US, as EU customers always get shafted on pricing of games and consoles. (Although not to the extent of the poor Australian customers, whom I really do feel for!)

User Info: Hyrulesaver123

Hyrulesaver123
6 years ago#8
Ya I know what you mean. It's never a clear conversion for some reason. I can see a like $5 bucks to make up for shipping taxes but $50 is too much.
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2

User Info: bratt100

bratt100
6 years ago#9
We paid $1000 for a launch day ps3 in store. We get the shaft.
Oh My god I have a blog

pansybadger
6 years ago#10
Aye. I remember my friend paying about 600+ on launch day for a 60gb PS3 with an extra Sixaxis controller and a couple of games. Really extortionate pricing, as anyone would agree.

Let's just say he wasn't impressed when I purchased my 80gb PS3 with LBP for 190 last september!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Possible UK price leak from play.com?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived