So How long do you think it will be before Nintendo perfects holograms?

#1DarkShadowRagePosted 7/22/2010 12:46:48 PM
I mean with the 3DS already coming, I wonder how long it will be before we see actual holograms(like you'd see in star wars)
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|I'm Probably the biggest Samus Fan you'll ever meet.
#2PwNeRsHaTePosted 7/22/2010 12:58:37 PM
3 years but well need to wait at least 7 years for the 3DS to make them money
#3GrampaGortPosted 7/22/2010 1:00:23 PM
I predict 2015 for the technology to start to catch reasonable interest,
2020 for holograms to be used in the medical professions, and
2025 for Nintendo to make a holographic "handheld".

It would be pretty cool. I imagine it looking something like a digivice (http://users1.ml.mindenkilapja.hu/users/digimonok/uploads/digivice.jpg)
that you place on a table top or just the floor, and interact with it like Microsoft's Kinect.

I call it 15 years in advance :P
#4SragentThomPosted 7/22/2010 1:02:11 PM
Never.Humanity as we know it will cease to exit in large numbers after 2023.
---
One winged fad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atQRKfEBU5c
#5celticsagePosted 7/22/2010 1:50:06 PM
Never the end of the world is 2012!

I want Star Trek hologram perfection, but that may be 50+ years in the future and I'll be to old to want to play games then. (unless an anti aging medical devise is invented long before then)
---
It's good to be king...unless Mario's chasing you
#6ZhacariasPosted 7/22/2010 2:38:19 PM
Lies. The world ends on October 23rd, 2077!
#7T-Viral-XPosted 7/22/2010 5:01:38 PM

3 years but well need to wait at least 7 years for the 3DS to make them money

Eh, knowing Nintendo, they've probably already made millions off the 3DS.
---
[~N~] lol, sig
Nintendo is going to buy Canada with the money they make from the 3DS
#8SyntaxBananaZPosted 7/22/2010 5:38:02 PM
I don't holograms won't come for a long time. First next technology would be clear LCD screens that look like glass. Then the first phase of holograms where it needs two parts for the start and end. Finally, the next part would be devices that display holograms without needing an end piece.
---
Friend: "My girlfriend can't cook, she even screwed up making a sandwich."
Me: "How the hell do you fail at putting food between bread!?"
#9sackboypwnsallPosted 7/22/2010 6:32:34 PM
---I think next gen theyll come close, then a competitor (like microsoft, apple, or sony) will get it perfect. Then nintendo will create some new innovative controler you use with just your thoughts or something.
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#10KinkajouPosted 7/22/2010 7:50:08 PM
Nintendo perfected Holograms in 1995 after working on replicating the Holodeck on Star Trek: TNG.

However as the amount of energy and money to make them, it's currently unfeasible to release to the public at this time.

Currently Nintendo is working on a game system where you play against yourself, from a different point in time. So you play today, then you play tomorrow, we today you played against tomorrow you, while tomorrow you played today you. It's hard to make it work with wormholes being so unstable, but they are close.
---
Most Men say, "Woman, without her man, is nothing!"
Most Women say, "Woman, without her, man is nothing!"