Confused about what to do, could use some advice.

#1sunbird13Posted 7/22/2010 5:13:06 PM
Hi, I could really use some people advice on a problem I have. This might be kinda long but please help me out.

I have been planning on getting a 3DS on launch since it was announced, which I am assuming is by march 2011. But last week my PS3 broke down for the 2nd time but, since i had opened it to fix the problem last time i can't get it fixed and have to buy a new one. And, in 3 weeks i am starting college again and have to spend a lot of money in books and such, and I have to quit my job since I am moving back to college and not sure when I am gonna get another one. So since I am on a very limited budget should I use the extra money that i have to get a new PS3 and forgo a 3DS or just save for a 3DS and just use my DSi XL for my gaming while in college?
#2coller23Posted 7/22/2010 5:19:50 PM
depends do you like your ps3 games a lot or would you rather have all these announced games?

oh and its by march 31st not on it so it could come out by christmas.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3ohh42Posted 7/22/2010 7:41:29 PM
Well considering you have quite a while till the 3DS comes out and you will be able to trade in your DSi towards a 3DS, I say go for the PS3 fix
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#4shadowvolcanoPosted 7/22/2010 7:42:45 PM
I'd go with replacing the PS3 and saving for the 3DS if you primarily are gonna use that, and see some good games coming up in the future. If you don't have a lot of time to play a console, and potentially want cheaper games you can go for a 3DS.
#5Frakkster13Posted 7/22/2010 9:13:12 PM
Yeah, as dumb as it might sound im gonna wait for the 3DS. I mean im taking 22 unites this semester and I should probably focus on school more so this semester, and I just picked up DQ9 which most of my friends at school are gonna have as well.