Is anyone else not getting the 3ds when it comes out?

#1SUPERM3TROIDPosted 7/24/2010 12:20:22 AM
I really want the 3ds but there is just so many great games coming out this year that I won't have enough money to get one

3ds will probably be $200
games will probably be $40
3ds+2games+tax=$300.
$300=5 other possible games
plus I still haven't gotten some other good games like smg2 and me2 yet
Is anyone else going to hold off on getting a 3ds?
#2Sir_VoePosted 7/24/2010 12:37:44 AM
I really want one, but there's no way I'll have the money this year. I probably won't be able to get one 'til 2012.
---
Wii FC: 4642-0909-9567-4892
Conduit FC: 0216-8789-0482
#3DiggerdudePosted 7/24/2010 12:48:23 AM
That is the advantage I have by not taking interest in consoles anymore. I only play handheld systems. Last consoles I bought were the XB/PS2/GC. And between the PSP and DS, I have never once felt the need for anything more to enjoy good gaming.

So for me, the 3DS will be THE game system. Thus, no problem affording it.

But I can see how people who support consoles and handhelds may feel torn.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds. Patiently waiting for the 3DS.
#4teh1337gosuPosted 7/24/2010 12:50:22 AM
That is the advantage I have by not taking interest in consoles anymore. I only play handheld systems. Last consoles I bought were the XB/PS2/GC. And between the PSP and DS, I have never once felt the need for anything more to enjoy good gaming.

Care to elaborate? What makes handhelds so much better for you than consoles? I'm guessing you're on the go a lot, or you like to play games while watching T.V.
---
Now playing: Persona 4 (PS2), de Blob (Wii), Killzone 2 (PS3)
#5Grunt40Posted 7/24/2010 1:05:40 AM
Midnight release. So. No. This topic doesn't apply to me so I have no clue why I posted.
---
3DS is going to be the best portable ever and hopefully one of the best consoles ever.
#6DiggerdudePosted 7/24/2010 1:07:05 AM
It's not that they're "better" - they just suit me...

1) I have always been fascinated by small electronics.
2) I don't like to sit in one spot for long periods of time. Not anymore.
3) Much of my gaming is done in bed right before going to sleep (it helps me unwind).
4) I've never been a "graphics whore." So I don't need more than what handhelds now offer in that regard.

I just don't need more than what the DS and PSP have given more these past years, and so I decided to go handheld-only. And it's worked out great for me. So 3DS is like manna from heaven for someone like me. It's like the perfect PSP+DS combo system I've always wanted. They can't release the thing soon enough for me.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds. Patiently waiting for the 3DS.
#7teh1337gosuPosted 7/24/2010 1:13:33 AM
I just don't need more than what the DS and PSP have given more these past years, and so I decided to go handheld-only. And it's worked out great for me. So 3DS is like manna from heaven for someone like me. It's like the perfect PSP+DS combo system I've always wanted. They can't release the thing soon enough for me.

I sometimes have handheld only phases, but don't you ever miss the experience of playing a larger game, it's a bit more immersing. Plus you're missing out on all the good console games. Perhaps it was good you skipped the consoles of this gen, overall pretty forgettable compared to the Gamecube/PS2.

Saying the 3DS is a PSP+DS, isn't fair to the 3DS. I'm assuming you're saying the 3DS is essentially a DS but with very modern hardware, but that's like saying the PSP does have modern hardware, which it does not.

But yeah the 3DS looks perfect for you. Also don't your eyes ever get tired from looking at small screens for all your gaming, do you wear reading glasses as you play or something? lol
---
Now playing: Persona 4 (PS2), de Blob (Wii), Killzone 2 (PS3)
#8TeremeiPosted 7/24/2010 5:00:37 AM
I also love handheld gaming like Digger. However I do own a Wii and PS3 and particularly like the library of games on the Wii.

But yeah I am fascinated by the coolness of tiny handhelds you can bring with you. The fact that they can stay on for 6 hours or more, are so compact, no plugs needed, wireless connections. And the fact the produce such pretty graphics on such a small screen. Comfortable to hold, there are just many things I like about them. My DS collection far trumps any other collection I have.
---
last &&: DQIX (ds)
$$ soon: Ivy the Kiwi? (ds), Metroid: Other M (Wii), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#9WallydraiglePosted 7/24/2010 9:41:56 AM
I'm definitely getting one, but probably not when it first comes out.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
#10J_Dawg_Posted 7/24/2010 10:33:08 AM

So for me, the 3DS will be THE game system. Thus, no problem affording it.

Same here!
---
Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Dragon Quest IX, Final Fantasy 3DS, Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, The Legend of Zelda OoT 3DS.