Is anyone else disappointed in the top screen?

#1Coopman1010Posted 7/25/2010 6:58:21 AM
I don't really understand why the camera would be placed just above the top screen. To me it just seems like waste of space that the top screen could use. Why not just put it in between the two screens like the DSi? :/

Either way, I'm still really excited for this handheld.
---
I wonder what's for DINNER?
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Coopster1030
#2podracer35Posted 7/25/2010 7:07:51 AM
Just keep in mind that it wasn't the final design... they could still change some things, right?

I'm just disappointed that the top screen looks so blurry in all the videos I've seen... Stupid 3D effect, you ruined it all with your innovative "No glasses needed" 3D!!!!

I love you though.... please be available for demo play in stores soon!
---
CONR3: 0947-2384-6151(Podracer35) Proud Wiimote-Nunchuck user and Random mainer since 2007
Pokemon HG: 4727-0264-5755
#3ShinibiPosted 7/25/2010 9:20:17 AM
I never realized that... it does look like a waste of space now that I see it
#4Finale_WandererPosted 7/25/2010 9:23:10 AM
No not all I actually like the placement better. My laptop has its web camera above the screen and it works fine.
---
Waiting for more info on: Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Pokemon: White/Black Version, LoZ: Skyward Sword, 3DS, and Dragon Quest X.
#5chrscool8Posted 7/25/2010 9:41:18 AM
I'm just disappointed that the top screen looks so blurry in all the videos I've seen... Stupid 3D effect, you ruined it all with your innovative "No glasses needed" 3D!!!!

Are you kidding? That's just because to a camera, that has one eye, so it sees both eye's pictures. It's not actually blurry.
---
PSN: Chrscool8, Live Gamertag: Chrscool8
Go figure.
#6fire2boxPosted 7/25/2010 10:41:15 AM

From: podracer35 | #002Just keep in mind that it wasn't the final design... they could still change some things, right?

Nope, it is the final design

http://kotaku.com/5585448/nintendo-wont-change-the-3ds-appearance-before-release

Anyways, this isn't as bad as how the 3DS looks closed, since it has 3 distinctive colors that make it look like a inedible badly constructed sandwich.
#7fire2boxPosted 7/25/2010 10:42:58 AM

Are you kidding? That's just because to a camera, that has one eye, so it sees both eye's pictures. It's not actually blurry.

Are you trying to say that if a camera had two "eyes" camera's that we would be able to see the 3D effect?

Without having a special screen or 3D glasses? :P
#8MegagutsPosted 7/25/2010 11:16:38 AM

Are you trying to say that if a camera had two "eyes" camera's that we would be able to see the 3D effect?

Without having a special screen or 3D glasses? :P

No he's saying that unless you are looking at it in person it will be blurry
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
#9podracer35Posted 7/25/2010 11:16:56 AM

Nope, it is the final design

http://kotaku.com/5585448/nintendo-wont-change-the-3ds-appearance-before-release

Anyways, this isn't as bad as how the 3DS looks closed, since it has 3 distinctive colors that make it look like a inedible badly constructed sandwich.

That's not to say there couldn't be a slight nip and tuck here or there - or that there won't be changes made under the hood - but it sounds like the current design of the 3DS is, by and large, how things will stay.

That sounds like there still might be small changes... You never know what'll happen with Nintendo.

-__- I was joking around...
---
You and I must make a pact ..... We must bring salvation back .... Where there are games .... I'll be there ..... I'll be there ...
#10IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/25/2010 12:35:06 PM
Yeah, the only way to properly film the 3DS' top screen is to have the 3D turned off.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!