If you haven't already you owe it to yourself to play Shantae: Risky's Revenge

#31KorlithielPosted 6/27/2011 6:18:44 PM
BraveAdol, the ability to own a game does inhibit my willingness to take a risk on many titles.

The convenience of having a copy of Cave Story on my 3DS was worth the money, and to some extent so was the money I sunk into The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX.

But frankly, there are too few games in general that I would like to lose the money on without any reassurance that I own it in any shape or form. You could argue, as many did on the PSP forums, that a physical copy is still just a contract that lets you play the game, but it's also ownership of something I can loan to friends, resell, or otherwise partially recoup my losses.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#32JKSonicPosted 6/29/2011 11:08:05 AM
"but it's also ownership of something I can loan to friends, resell, or otherwise partially recoup my losses."

Those are some of my biggest issues with downloading full games as well. That and the prices don't seem to reflect the fact that they're digital copies which do not require cost allowance for the artwork, cases, carts/cds, shipping, storage, etc...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#33LhunthangionPosted 7/4/2011 10:20:19 AM
Finally downloaded it. It's an awesome game to say the least.

Now I can't wait until the self titled Shantae game comes out on the 3DS Virtual Console for Game Boy Color!!!
---
I AM ERROR.
#34Xjph(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 2:23:05 PM
I in turn picked up Dark Void Zero at the recommendation of others here. It's quite fun too.
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#35CommanderxGreenPosted 7/4/2011 4:02:33 PM
I watched the video and it looks pretty cool, but $12? That's a bit much. Are there ever sales on these things?
---
After ten long years of waiting, MegaMan Legends 3 has finally been announced!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman/dash3/
#36Xjph(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 11:57:44 AM
$12 isn't really that much for a game. Sure, it's higher than every other DSiware title, but it's also larger and better polished than 99% of what's available. Besides, what else are you going to do with $12? Buy a biggie-sized meal at your nearest burger chain? I'd much rather have this game than pretty much anything else I could get with $12.

...unless it was my last $12. Then I'd probably want food or something. But if you're on your last $12 you shouldn't even be considering buying games anyway.
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#37keyblader1985Posted 7/6/2011 2:30:45 PM
^Yeah, I really don't see how people are complaining that $12 is too much, when carts are $30 to $40, and console games are like $60 and no one says anything. This is a full-sized game. I'm not a Shantae fanboy, but it's just ridiculous.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai