Anyone else's screen protectors crease the top screen?

#1Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 6/28/2011 7:37:18 AM
I have Ghost Armor on my 3DS, and after keeping the 3DS closed for a while, it causes a noticeable crease/fold in the top screen, from the edges of where the bottom screen meets. You know how some people complained that it leaves a trail of dust but you can just wipe it off? Something like that, except it actually deforms the screen protector in a very visible fold on that area.

Does anybody else who is using a screen protector on the top screen experience this? And if not, what screen protector are you using?
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - Comrad Otter
Gamertags in profile
#2PokeMasterPosted 6/28/2011 7:38:11 AM
I'm using some Hori ones that came free with the 3DS.

Never had anything of the sort.
---
JPN Black 3DS (Feb 27th, 2011)
#3enigmatic alexPosted 7/3/2011 11:05:06 AM
yeah cyber same thing happens to my protector, where the edge of the touchscreen kinda "dents" the screen protector on the top screen. replaced the protector with another one, nothing yet but with time i'm sure the same thing will happen :P
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#4toma13Posted 7/3/2011 11:07:35 AM
I've noticed it on my screen protector, but you can't see it while playing. I'd rather my screen protector get an indent on it than my actual screen, as I can just replace the protector for little expense.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#5paulinkPosted 7/3/2011 11:10:26 AM
toma13 posted...
I've noticed it on my screen protector, but you can't see it while playing. I'd rather my screen protector get an indent on it than my actual screen, as I can just replace the protector for little expense.

Yep, I wouldn't call it a dent as much as i would refer to it as a scratch.
---
"Yo bronx, stop being a turbo nerd and go outside." -FAT____MAN
#6chickenturkey10Posted 7/3/2011 11:12:53 AM
This is why I don't use screen protectors and instead console cases. I love my CM4 case, all fake leathery and smooth.
---
Wii code: 3632-6979-8230-7885
#7sharinganfanPosted 7/3/2011 2:00:06 PM
I have ghost armor too and noticed the exact same thing.
---
Luneth, PSP2
#8ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/3/2011 3:41:50 PM
PokeMaster posted...
I'm using some Hori ones that came free with the 3DS.

Never had anything of the sort.

Free? what? I bought the hori ones that cover the entire top. The lines from the touch screen are permenitly plastered into the screen protector but it doesn't bother it much when im playing a game, granted the light around me isn't bright as hell.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#9baconcow1812Posted 7/3/2011 7:38:23 PM
My screen protectors have minor damage also from the bottom of the screen. Anyone else not seeing this either do not close their 3DS or just put the screen protectors on recently. After a month, it is definitely apparent. I also leave a microfiber cloth between the screens, and this still occurs.
---
"the hell!?"
#10Cyber Akuma Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 9:36:20 PM
Argh, so this issue happens no matter what brand you use?
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - Comrad Otter
Gamertags in profile