Nintendo 3DS warranty repair

#1AL KATRAZZPosted 6/28/2011 8:01:22 AM
So I decided to send in my 3DS for warranty repair because of the very stiff 3D slider. They said it should only take a week and that they will also tighten up the hinge and add new rubber bumpers on the top screen that are slightly bigger than the original ones so that it will prevent the bottom screen from leaving lines on the top screen when closed. I was told the last two things are something that they do automatically because the repair center is very thorough and go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

I let you know how it goes once I get it back. I'm going til wait a few days to send it in though because there are a few costumes in DOA that I missed since I waited a week to buy it. I think they are the first 7, so once I get the last one I will send it out that day.
---
PSN ID: ALKATRAZZ
Wii Number: 5498 1703 1947 6107
#2RepticPosted 6/28/2011 1:58:37 PM
I sent my 3DS in for repair because the L button stopped working, I think on the 21st. It just arrived at the repair center yesterday, and they are currently fixing it. I set up the repair online, and wasn't informed about any hinge tightening or extra bumps on the screen. Do you think they will add that to mine as well?
#3AL KATRAZZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2011 5:27:01 PM
I can't say for sure but from what the guy on the phone told me was that they will check out for all problems and correct everything. I do how the fix yours as well though. Please be sure to post in this topic about how it is when you get it back
---
PSN ID: ALKATRAZZ
Wii Number: 5498 1703 1947 6107
#4RepticPosted 6/28/2011 6:39:50 PM
According to Nintendo, it may take as long as ten business days before my 3DS arrives back at my home, so if this topic is gone by then I will create a new one and report my experience.
#5keyblader1985Posted 6/28/2011 6:44:16 PM
Repairs/customer service is one thing most people* generally praise Nintendo for.

*Personally I had a problem with my DSi that took no less than three tries for them to rectify, but I don't hold it against them because that's far from the norm.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#6CyborgCthulhuPosted 6/28/2011 7:14:13 PM
People are already getting broken consoles? What happened to Nintendo's quality? It went down so fast with the Wii, mine broke twice!
---
Sent from my iPhone4 via PowerFAQs 1.6
#7LightHawKnightPosted 6/28/2011 7:24:00 PM

People are already getting broken consoles? What happened to Nintendo's quality? It went down so fast with the Wii, mine broke twice!

I hope this is sarcasm. All systems have problems, no matter what.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#8RepticPosted 6/28/2011 7:39:48 PM
CyborgCthulhu posted...

As someone who just had their brand new 3DS break on them, I can tell you it really sucks. However, in Nintendo's defense, this is the first handheld of theirs I've had to send in for repair, and I've owned every one since the Gameboy.

Also, from what I've searched on the internet, not many other people have had the 3DS triggers stop working for them, so maybe it's just a rare incident and I just got unlucky.
#9AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/28/2011 7:46:53 PM
It's not that rare to have the triggers malfunction.

It's been happening since the DSi, and despite knowing of the issue, Nintendo chose to use similar mechanics for the trigger buttons on the 3DS.

I was playing OoT3d today, took a nap, woke up, and the R button was no longer working. Link constantly sits with his shield held up.

So essentially, I'm in the same boat as the TC. Had to set up a repair and I'm not happy about it. Seriously, this shouldn't be happening within 3 months of the launch. They KNEW it was an issue in previous DS lines and chose to do nothing about it. That's unacceptable in this day and age.

Nintendo is not the solid hardware maker that they used to be, that's for sure.
#10AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/28/2011 7:49:54 PM
In addition, my Wii has been nothing but trouble since the beginning. DRE errors, loss of power requiring the disconnection of the power cord from the wall and the system, etc.

I think Nintendo is so hungry for profits that they're cutting corners.