Just a reminder, the first PSP also launched $250.

#1captindrek09Posted 7/1/2011 10:19:16 AM
And, sure, tons of people complained about the price then, but given the history of past gaming platforms and the major upgrades to the new ones, how can anyone really complain about this price?

The only time I think anyone really went over the top was the $600 PS3 launch. ( BUt that's not the point.)

The point is, everything starts off bigger, NES games were $50-$70, and when the N64 came out with its first classics selection they were $40 on the discounted pricing.

The 3DS while may not be affordable for a lot of people at this time ( including myself) is at a fine price, and remember, it can only go down from here. ( First time I've ever said that and meant it as a good thing.
---
If you're telekinetic and you know it clap my hands.
Official "Cow That Malon Gives You", of the OoT 3D Board.
#2DarkZero920Posted 7/1/2011 10:21:10 AM
The 3DO was appropriately priced.
#3DarkZero920Posted 7/1/2011 10:22:36 AM
Also, Nintendo openly said that the initial hype and reactions to the 3DS played a role in its pricing. The tech isn't worth $250, or even close to it.
#4MadaggarPosted 7/1/2011 10:28:00 AM
DarkZero920 posted...
The 3DO was appropriately priced.

Laughed. I vaguely remember it being $700...
#5darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/1/2011 10:28:26 AM
You know why people put such emphasis on money? Because it takes time to make. Time that's stolen away from their lives, which brings about a great deal of regret in the end. Paying for dreams that will never be a reality. So bring things to fruition and don't suffer the same fate as all these other poor souls.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#6Baha05Posted 7/1/2011 10:30:13 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
You know why people put such emphasis on money? Because it takes time to make. Time that's stolen away from their lives, which brings about a great deal of regret in the end. Paying for dreams that will never be a reality. So bring things to fruition and don't suffer the same fate as all these other poor souls.

That's why you research you purchase, no in the long run what it will bring, etc.
#7KogaSteelfangPosted 7/1/2011 10:32:58 AM
DarkZero920 posted...
Also, Nintendo openly said that the initial hype and reactions to the 3DS played a role in its pricing. The tech isn't worth $250, or even close to it.

It only played a part in the decision.

It's almost certain they were considering $250 anyway, and the reaction only made them think it was a good price.

Even without that reaction, there's a good chance that it would've been $250 still.
Decisions like that aren't made on whims, they're carefully planned and thought out.
---
The following statement is false.
The previous statement is true.
#8ORANGE666Posted 7/1/2011 10:38:53 AM
captindrek09 posted...
And, sure, tons of people complained about the price then, but given the history of past gaming platforms and the major upgrades to the new ones, how can anyone really complain about this price?

The only time I think anyone really went over the top was the $600 PS3 launch. ( BUt that's not the point.)

The point is, everything starts off bigger, NES games were $50-$70, and when the N64 came out with its first classics selection they were $40 on the discounted pricing.

The 3DS while may not be affordable for a lot of people at this time ( including myself) is at a fine price, and remember, it can only go down from here. ( First time I've ever said that and meant it as a good thing.

The PSP was a bigger leap in technology back then than the 3DS and Vita are now.

I'm not sure about the 3DS but the Vita is either costs $250 to make or a little bit more. The PSP costs a lot more because unlike the Vita, it used new parts.
#9CorruptedRPGPosted 7/1/2011 10:47:55 AM
Your point?

I'm getting tired of fanboys using PSP as a scapegoat for 3DS being overpriced. PSP was revolutionary back in 2004/2005 compared to DS and deserved its pricetag.

If you brought up PSP Go then I would agree with you. Oh and:

Just a reminder, PSVita will ALSO launch at $250 and offers a lot more
---
C. Playing:
#10Baha05Posted 7/1/2011 10:52:36 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
Your point?

I'm getting tired of fanboys using PSP as a scapegoat for 3DS being overpriced. PSP was revolutionary back in 2004/2005 compared to DS and deserved its pricetag.

If you brought up PSP Go then I would agree with you. Oh and:

Just a reminder, PSVita will ALSO launch at $250 and offers a lot more

You just got to hope they utilize the Vita, the PSP wasn't all there to begin with