Is the pure hatred I see for Nintendo these days from the fans justifiable?

#1Garp_fistPosted 7/2/2011 4:55:34 PM
I'm not talking about annoyance, or being pissed at them, i'm talking about the pure hatred I seem to see for them these days from all over. The 3DS's weak launch and Operation Rainfall only seem to be adding fuel to the fire, but when all is said and done, is the community overreacting or not? Just curious to see what people think.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 103. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11* Operation Rainfall supporter
#2LordAndrewPosted 7/2/2011 4:57:12 PM
Operation Rainfall is pure hatred?
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#3MyDogSkipPosted 7/2/2011 4:57:37 PM
People seem to forget that Nintendo is a company that seeks to make money, rather than a personal friend of theirs. People think Nintendo owes them something.

I for one am very happy with Nintendo.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#4OverlordAlikPosted 7/2/2011 4:58:46 PM
Nintendo's done some dumb stuff as of late, but I don't know that it's totally justified.

I think Nintendo is just shifting over to it's Wii U, if it weren't so late in the Wii's life cycle and they thought they were going to make money on em, they'd prob release the big three.

Nintendo after all is first and foremost in business to make money, they are not going to throw money out the window for people unless theres longterm gain from it.

Some people act like Nintendo owes them something for being their customer.

If you dont like it don't buy it. Im disapointed too but I'm not gonna hate on em though
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#5OverlordAlikPosted 7/2/2011 5:00:08 PM
MyDogSkip posted...
People seem to forget that Nintendo is a company that seeks to make money, rather than a personal friend of theirs. People think Nintendo owes them something.

I for one am very happy with Nintendo.

Nicely said lol I said same thing but you said it first :P

and if people wanna hate on Nintendo then lets take a look at PS3 in the opening days, liking that 600 dollar console there?
---
Brawl FC: 4382-1634-7585
#6Garp_fist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2011 5:00:38 PM
LordAndrew posted...
Operation Rainfall is pure hatred?

Uh...no, I actually support Rainfall to an extent, i'm just saying it kinda adds friction, albeit maybe unintentionally.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 103. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11* Operation Rainfall supporter
#7PhantomSwordPosted 7/2/2011 5:05:25 PM
Garp_fist posted...
I'm not talking about annoyance, or being pissed at them, i'm talking about the pure hatred I seem to see for them these days from all over. The 3DS's weak launch and Operation Rainfall only seem to be adding fuel to the fire, but when all is said and done, is the community overreacting or not? Just curious to see what people think.

IDK, I mean, they don't seem to get the gamer audience anymore. They have their main franchises, yes, and those are all well and good. Amazing games, really. But then we have their other decisions, especially on hardware where they don't seem to get what gamers want. Region-locking, etc. I can understand their lack of response to Operation Rainfall - it costs a lot to localize even one game, and many other companies have said that the amount of profit that comes from localizing a game is overshadowed by the cost of localizing it. Plus, as many people who send in their support - not all of them are rooting for all three games, and honestly? It doesn't seem like enough people are participating. PLUS you have the fact that some people are just supporting - not actually buying. So you have that problem there where it's probably smarter NOT to listen. If the three games fail in America, then you can kiss all future games you want goodbye. So I understand the decision there.

They need to get the hardware side of things ironed out more, though. If Wii U actually shows something significant - that is, a generational leap from PS360, good online (that they eventually update 3DS with), and a steady stream of good games and more support for their online stores (as well as actually UPDATING a game that they want to re-release - despite its quality), then I think they'll do just alright. In the meantime, they have quite a bit to prove to the modern gamer.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#8SamusFarronPosted 7/2/2011 5:05:36 PM
Yes, and no.

Nintendo needs some new ideas, and some new IP's - stat. IP's like Metroid, which are so beloved, they seem to almost not even care about (they handed it off to Team Ninja....I mean really come on). But instead they keep rehashing the exact same concept over and over and over.

Seriously, watch the trailer for the new Mario on 3DS. Does it look fun? Sure. Does it look like every Mario game I have played since....ever? Yes, it looks exactly like the same thing over again.

The Metroid Prime trilogy and Wind Waker are the only "unique" things Nintendo has done since the N64 days. And hell, Nintendo didn't even make Metroid Prime - Retro Studios did.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
#9PhantomSwordPosted 7/2/2011 5:18:49 PM
ishdante posted...
Yes, and no.

Nintendo needs some new ideas, and some new IP's - stat. IP's like Metroid, which are so beloved, they seem to almost not even care about (they handed it off to Team Ninja....I mean really come on). But instead they keep rehashing the exact same concept over and over and over.

Seriously, watch the trailer for the new Mario on 3DS. Does it look fun? Sure. Does it look like every Mario game I have played since....ever? Yes, it looks exactly like the same thing over again.

The Metroid Prime trilogy and Wind Waker are the only "unique" things Nintendo has done since the N64 days. And hell, Nintendo didn't even make Metroid Prime - Retro Studios did.

1) Metroid: Other M was made by a COLLABORATION between Nintendo and Team Ninja. Sakamoto (who works at Nintendo) had the final say on most if not all matters.

2) Mario 3DS is a combination of the 2D and 3D Mario games. No Mario game like it has ever been made before. However, none of the specific ideas are precisely new (as far as we know), so it looks the same anyways.

Actually, scratch that - there IS that Zelda homage level.
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#10SamusFarronPosted 7/2/2011 5:19:21 PM

A company is never your friend, of course. But this general mindset is the reason capitalism is starting to fail - those companies are there to make money yes, but they are there to make us happy and therefore make us feel compelled to give them money.

When companies just do whatever the hell they want, and wont listen to the customer base that feeds them, then you end up with ****** products. Companies owe us, the customer, whatever we want - because that is how capitalism is supposed to work. Citizens ask, and the companies with the resources to make it happen answer.

See how that works?
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif