Will we see a Mana game on the 3DS? C/D

#1DoctorRPGPosted 7/4/2011 2:23:48 AM
D.

Square-Enix gave up.
#2Baha05Posted 7/4/2011 2:45:14 AM
D

Square knows that Mana and Chrono are done series
#3pansybadgerPosted 7/4/2011 2:59:48 AM
Isn't the Mana guy (Koichi Ishii) not with Square anymore? So if they do another one I doubt it'd be as good as the oldies.

*looks it up*

Oh, so he's actually left and set up Grezzo who was in charge with Ocarina of Time 3D?...... Did not know that; That's pretty sweet.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (3DS). Yeah, my home consoles are taking a break : )
#4Baha05Posted 7/4/2011 3:01:31 AM
When did he leave like right after Legend of Mana?
#5pansybadgerPosted 7/4/2011 3:06:09 AM

When did he leave like right after Legend of Mana?

I think he was involved with Dawn of Mana, but I'm not too sure.... I know he hasn't done any directing/hands on duties since Legend though.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (3DS). Yeah, my home consoles are taking a break : )
#6Baha05Posted 7/4/2011 3:11:22 AM
Legends was the last good Mana , maybe Sword of Mana but I never played that one.
#7DoctorRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2011 4:57:21 PM
Anyone else?

and he wasn't the creator of Mana if I remember correctly.
#8CorruptedRPGPosted 7/4/2011 5:01:20 PM
D

After Heroes and Children of Mana, I hope not.
---
C. Playing:
#9Blaze627Posted 7/4/2011 5:08:18 PM
D

Pretty sure someone at S-E recently flat out said that the series was dead.
---
Orange is like...Ru Paul. There's something sexy about orange, but you're not sure, or drunk enough to know why. - TheLeafChild
#10gransPosted 7/4/2011 5:13:53 PM
pansybadger posted...
Isn't the Mana guy (Koichi Ishii) not with Square anymore? So if they do another one I doubt it'd be as good as the oldies.

*looks it up*

Oh, so he's actually left and set up Grezzo who was in charge with Ocarina of Time 3D?...... Did not know that; That's pretty sweet.

Hey, i didn't know that. Pretty interesting! Also interesting how Mana games share such a close connection to the Zelda series and the guy that used to work on Mana is now working on Zelda games. I guess that also might explain why Nintendo put their trust in such a new development company (turns out they're not so new after all).

I'm somewhat skeptical we'll see more new Mana games in the future (at least on 3DS). Secret of Mana recently got an iOS port, but we'll see.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville