Will we see a Mana game on the 3DS? C/D

#31VampiricDragon_Posted 7/5/2011 8:02:00 AM
GastonRabbit posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...
having the original creator doesnt mean anything. Square own the ip so they can just put someone else in the directors seat

True, since Final Fantasy continued after its creator left, but it's been quite some time since a Mana game was released (not counting the PlayStation Store adding Legend of Mana to its PS1 section).

its been as long as the last ds game.
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#32VyersPosted 7/5/2011 7:31:59 PM
niels200683 posted...
OverlordAlik posted...
Yes to a new mana, but in the same vein as secret of mana and seiken densetsu 3 (the japanese sequel)

sword of mana on gba was garbage in my opinion

You do know sword of mana was Seiken Densetsu 1, right?
Secret part 2, 3 ruled (played the fan translation).

The maker of the games once stated in an interview (no source, sorry - it was an article on 'the secret of mana' in a retro gamer magazine), that he always viewed the mana series as a place where he could make a different type, a different genre game for every new part.

Which explains the large difference between the playstation and the gb/snes manas - and then the completely different genres seen on the DS.

If we ever see a Mana game on 3DS, and it would have involvement from the original creator(s) - it probably wouldn't be an action RPG.

Who cares that it's SD1? So if I remade LoZ, and it was decidedly worse of a game than LoZ, being a remake of a good game makes it good?

But yeah, if we ever see a Mana game on 3DS, it'll be an ARPG, just because Square doesn't understand integrity.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#33niels200683Posted 7/6/2011 5:08:37 AM
Vyers posted...
Who cares that it's SD1? So if I remade LoZ, and it was decidedly worse of a game than LoZ, being a remake of a good game makes it good?

But yeah, if we ever see a Mana game on 3DS, it'll be an ARPG, just because Square doesn't understand integrity.

Yeah, but the original GB sword of mana was actually worse than the GBA remake...
the first game just isn't very good. It's not very bad either, though.

A bit like assasin's creed: First one was an ok game, but boring (Hit counter, push run button, look at tower, hold up for 10 minutes... jump down.)

Also: The first three were all ARPGs (Action RPGs) - but later entries turned out to be different genres, which was the creators intention.
---
Do you believe in the Soul Cake Duck?
Einstein: My wife doesn't understand me.
#34Megaman OmegaPosted 7/6/2011 7:21:36 AM
DoctorRPG posted...
D.

Square-Enix gave up.

This
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle