Where's Mega Man and Castlevania?

#1kahPosted 7/4/2011 8:59:30 AM
Are we going to get some 2d installments of the X series or Castlevania like we did for GB Advance and the DS? Hop to it Konami and Capcom! There's money to be made.
#2mica_x9Posted 7/4/2011 9:02:38 AM
Capcom only lost money with X7, X8, ZX, and ZXA
#3VampiricDragon_Posted 7/4/2011 9:05:10 AM
First of all

they didnt lose money on zx and zx

Second of all.

Its only a matter of time before a castelvania or metroidvania shows up
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#4mica_x9Posted 7/4/2011 9:12:53 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
First of all

they didnt lose money on zx and zx

Uh, yeah they did. They even didn't finish the series at all because of poor sales.
#5VampiricDragon_Posted 7/4/2011 9:18:16 AM(edited)
The zx series were very successful.

megaman zx series were extremely strong sellers especially in japan (quote from capcom) and it was never going to be more than 2 games for what we know
#6shinmirokuPosted 7/4/2011 9:21:56 AM
This is exactly what I'm holding out for TC.
#7Spiffy247Posted 7/4/2011 9:22:52 AM
I want Castlevania.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8mica_x9Posted 7/4/2011 9:26:30 AM

megaman zx series were extremely strong sellers especially in japan (quote from capcom) and it was never going to be more than 2 games for what we know

ZXA's ending was a cliffhanger. There was supposed to be a 3rd game. But they didn't make it.
#9VampiricDragon_Posted 7/4/2011 9:41:05 AM
mica_x9 posted...

ZXA's ending was a cliffhanger. There was supposed to be a 3rd game. But they didn't make it.

Did they specifically say that? Or was just a make up your own mind ending? Because I didnt here that.

That still doesnt change the fact that the ZX series were top performers for capcom
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#10mica_x9Posted 7/4/2011 9:52:31 AM(edited)
It was a "OMG didn't see that coming, so what happens next?" kind of ending. Everyone who has seen it knows that there is supposed to be a ZX3.

And ZXA's sales didn't reach Capcom's required amount to make another sequel. It sold badly.