ITT: Your honest opinion of the 3DS games you've played so far

#1KazereiPosted 7/5/2011 11:56:20 AM
Pilotwings Resort
There's only 15-20 hours of content, but it's lots of fun! And it's a good demonstration of 3D, if you want to show your friends and family. The time limit on free flight mode is kind of annoying though. And I don't think this game is worth $40, it's more like $20.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Still awesome, even after 10+ years. It's not cutting edge any more, but the gameplay and game design is rock solid enough that it holds up even by today's standards.

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Same as above.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
At first, I was excited by the unique feel and the neat ideas this game introduced. But after chapter 2 it got pretty boring. The story is forgettable, there's almost no customization, characters are unbalanced, missions get repetitive ... it's one of the worst strategy/tactics games I've played. But I still have some hope for the franchise. It has potential, if only Ubisoft puts more effort into it.

Rayman 3D
I haven't played much of this game, but my impressions of it are kinda meh. It hasn't aged too well, and the N64 and DC versions are still superior.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
I haven't played much of this game either. I kind of suck at fighting games, so I really like the touchscreen shortcuts. The circle pad feels surprisingly good, too.
#2keyblader1985Posted 7/5/2011 12:54:35 PM
I've only played Ocarina of Time... and it absolutely owns.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#3IniMineyPosted 7/5/2011 1:04:51 PM
LOZ OOT - It was okay at best, I've played it so many times before.
Pilot wings - Pretty spiffy looking with the 3d on, but bad gameplay.
Resident evil mercs - Addictive but bad frame rate.
Shadow wars - Fun little game, horrible graphics.
---
>playing video games on a computer
I seriously hope you guys don't do this
#4Garp_fistPosted 7/5/2011 1:08:50 PM
Link's Awakening DX: Awesome
Blazblue Continuum Shift 2: Awesome

...that's all i've got so far.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 103. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#5SeferagaPosted 7/5/2011 1:13:49 PM
I've only played OoT, as well, but I really like it. Some of the new animations ruin the experience for me, though, like the new Z targeting animation. It looks awkward the way Link leans left/right and feels stiff. I play the game without Z targeting now, haha.

Also, the hint videos seem like wasted resources by Nintendo. Those could've been something more worthwhile, gameplay wise, I think.
---
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change..
#6mcsmellingtonPosted 7/5/2011 1:16:54 PM(edited)
OoT3D: Good game, looks pretty good, although a bit rough round the edges

Shadow Wars: Surprisngly solid little game, definitely worth buying.

Pilotwings, SSF4, Rayman, Pro Evo: Crap, all crap, ranging between 4/10 and 6/10. None of these were worth buying, and I regret wasting the money. Oh, and DOA, same for that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about Mercs. It's not bad, enemies look awful in the background, and to be honest, the levels aren't as varied as I thought they might be, but its not bad, a decent 7/10
---
GT: McPoo
#7m0986-8Posted 7/5/2011 1:16:54 PM
Dead or Alive: Dimensions.... pretty good. 7/10
---
3DS FC: 0344 - 9282 - 6531
#8the_cajun88Posted 7/5/2011 1:18:40 PM
Super Street Fighter 4: I love Street Fighter, but it's fairly repetitive. 7/10.
---
The University of Tennessee FTW
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/the_cajun88/Josephthesnowman.gif
#9EmpirorPosted 7/5/2011 1:19:38 PM
Zelda OoT: Solid

Samurai Warriors: One of the best games I've ever played. Still not finished with the content :P
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Altima_Frontier/index/ for pogymanz
#10DeSilent1Posted 7/5/2011 1:29:34 PM
OoT: The game to justify my purchase of a 3DS. A lot of the content is recycled and remade from the N64 in the best possible way. I love it. 9/10

SSF4: I played it briefly on the Xbox, and had to get the portable of it. I love fighters in general. Only thing that sucks is the ocassional lag in online. 8/10
---
Can't we all agree to disagree?