ITT: Your honest opinion of the 3DS games you've played so far

#21MrYellowPenguinPosted 7/5/2011 4:02:04 PM
Some of the new animations ruin the experience for me, though, like the new Z targeting animation. It looks awkward the way Link leans left/right and feels stiff. I play the game without Z targeting now, haha.

Not sure if serious...

The only full 3DS title I own at the moment is OoT 3D. The game is excellent and one of my favorites of all time. The updates really improve it. It looks beautiful in 3D.
#22nonexistingheroPosted 7/5/2011 4:02:47 PM
FireYeti posted...
Ocarina of Time
my personal favorite game of all-time, love it and got what I expected.

Samurai Warriors
got half off with OoT 3D so I have only put a hour into it. Pretty fun, but needs to be played on a higher difficulty.

Rayman 3D
The game that got my 3DS to itself for 2 monthes (along with DS games). Absolutely love it despite lack of difficulty.

No, you don't need to play Samurai Warriors on a higher difficulty. It gets pretty challenging as you progress. Beating the game on the normal mode first is really, really hard. Hell, even if you go through the game on easy... then on normal... the final chapters will still be very challenging.

The unlockabl chaos mode seems nearly impossible for some missions.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#23Grandy12Posted 7/5/2011 4:03:38 PM
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
It's Samurai Warriors, which means hack-and-slash and grinding. Having said that, I love hack-and-slash games, and this one has got plenty of content to last a completionist (lots of unlockable characters, secret missions, free spotpass missions every few days, once you beat the game with the boy you may try with the girl or vice-versa (apparently the plot doesn't change, though...), unlockable difficulty mode, etc, etc.) The 3D effects on it are pretty good as well.
It's cons is that it is repetitive, disgustingly so, and you'll have to replay the same stages many times to grind for thoughter stages.(Again, that is part of it being a Warriors game)

RE Mercenaries

I just only bought this game and played a few HUNK missions, so I can't tell for sure whats my opinion on it yet. What I can tell is that the "one save file" issue is a non-issue. The game has no plot, you can replay every single mission including tutorials, the unlockable characters are WAY easy to get (I unlocked Rebecca Chambers and Claire Redfield without even trying, since you get them by getting through missions). The only thing the game really keeps track of is score records and unlocked characters, neither of which are a real problem at all.
This game so far strikes me as being only for people who like me really enjoyed the mercenaires minigame and wanted it portable. Don't get it if you expect a plot or coherent missions, get it if you wish to have a game that is a quick-play, like old-style Contra games, you start it and shoot anything that moves, for fun.
---
JUS: 4382-1831-2782
Brawl: 4382 7053 3006
#24whitaker6490Posted 7/5/2011 4:17:57 PM
Dream Trigger 3D
The concept is way to convoluted. The game doesn't really make any sense, doesn't look as good as it promised, and just isn't fun.

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
I may be biased 'cause I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, but if you can stick through slow beginning where your attacks are few and you're enemies are almost all the same, you find yourself an excellent Metroid-style superhero game. Pretty good graphics, too.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Just as good as it ever has been, the game looks even better and it's still a thrill to play from start to end.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
I'm still shocked how they manage to pack this much content into a 3DS card and make it feel like I'm playing the console versions, but Capcom found a way. Excellent fighting game!
---
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
#25KayubePosted 7/5/2011 4:48:40 PM
Pilotwings: As someone who likes collecting stuff and getting 100% on things, it's quite nice. But it does feel like it needs to have more to do... Multiplayer mode would have been nice even though I probably wouldn't have ever played it. Once I've gotten all the stars I might pick it up again every so often trying to get higher scores on things.
---
Wario Ware DIY: 1591-7322-4364
#26claim_solaisPosted 7/5/2011 5:43:22 PM
Zelda: OOT: Haven't played since i was 10 so i finding this game incredible at the moment, especially the 3D effects blew me away.

Mercenaries: The reason i bought the 3DS for and haven't regretted it. After spending 100's of hours with friends on previous installments of it, the facts it's portable means i'll spend 100's more on it <3

Really looking forward to Revelations :D
---
The conquerer came and he conquered
#27horror_spookyPosted 7/5/2011 5:46:37 PM
The Sims 3 - Awful.

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition - Best version of the game I've played. But not a must-own title.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars - A pretty entertaining strategy game. A little repetitive, though.

Rayman 3D - Average.

Face Raiders - Best game on the 3DS easily so far.

AR Games - Interesting and unique.

3D Classics: Excitebike - Blech.
---
This is a test