---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 103. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#2horror_spookyPosted 7/5/2011 1:58:28 PM
I'd be satisfied with just DQVIII.
---
This is a test
#3LightHawKnightPosted 7/5/2011 2:01:20 PM
That would be nice, since I never got to play those two. Remakes for the 3DS would be awesome, but DQ falls under the system that makes the most money, but IV, V, and VI were all on the DS, and then X for the wii...

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4Garp_fist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 2:03:49 PM
Well DQ seems to have gone Nintendo only it seems. (At least from my standpoint) and since IV, V, and VI were remade and the 3DS can handle VIII graphics, it seems only natural. (I never got to play VII either, but I imagine it would be great remade, I hear so much great stuff about this one, and with a bit more polish it sounds like it could be the best in the series)
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 103. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#5gamerman57Posted 7/5/2011 3:35:28 PM
I want 3DS remakes of I, II, III, and VII. Not a mention a three pack of the IV, V, and VI DS games because either IV or V (Don't remember which one) are out of production and are really rare. And I agree, VIII would be awesome but I want the other ones more.

Would VI and VIII both fit on a single cart? I have never played VII, but I know VIII is pretty big and I don't know how much would fit on a 3DS cart.
#6toma13Posted 7/5/2011 3:37:34 PM
7 was a 2-disc ps1 game. It would fit on a 3DS cart no problem.
---
Username for pretty much everything: BngryBt
#7gransPosted 7/5/2011 5:18:52 PM

I want 3DS remakes of I, II, III, and VII. Not a mention a three pack of the IV, V, and VI DS games because either IV or V (Don't remember which one) are out of production and are really rare. And I agree, VIII would be awesome but I want the other ones more.

Would VI and VIII both fit on a single cart? I have never played VII, but I know VIII is pretty big and I don't know how much would fit on a 3DS cart.

Both of them together probably not. VII wouldn't be a problem. It was on two CD's (about 700MB each). It would fit perfectly. VIII is on a 4GB PS2 DVD. It would be probably be possible to fit it on 2GB, with more modern compression techniques (Tales of the Abyss is probably using 2GB with some cramming). There's also 4GB carts coming soon with Snake Eater 3D. So it wouldn't be hard to fit the game on a 3DS cart.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#8legendaryhero99Posted 7/5/2011 5:21:47 PM
I wouldn't mind getting DQ series with Nintendo while Sony gets Final Fantasy. I hope we get a new DQ game with the 3DS.
---
3DS friend code: 1891 - 1182 - 4953
You can continue to argue about 3DS vs PSVita, I'll just enjoy both.
#9VampiricDragon_Posted 7/5/2011 5:26:07 PM
legendaryhero99 posted...
I wouldn't mind getting DQ series with Nintendo while Sony gets Final Fantasy. I hope we get a new DQ game with the 3DS.

dq goes to the most popular systems and FF goes everywhere.

I hope the ds gets more dq side games like rocket slime 3, and hopefully monsters later.
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#10GhetsisPosted 7/5/2011 6:43:57 PM
Nah, VII is perfect as it is. I would hate to see it with the new-style joke translations, and pointless name changes. PSN release instead, please!

VIII, sure. Maybe it'll fix the awful load times of the PS2 version, and I can actually enjoy it.
---
This game is my new babysitter. I like it better than my old babysitter, Big Mutha Truckers - Ralph Wiggum