Give me one good reason to keep my 3DS, other than for OoT.

#1SeamusOHasseyPosted 7/5/2011 1:58:06 PM
The recent Operation Rainfall has got me questioning NoA's motives and wondering what's stopping them from pulling that stunt on the handheld market. I'm not really concerned about those 3 games since I don't own a Wii nor am I that big of an RPG fan, but the principle of the matter is what concerns me.

I've always played Nintendo games since I got into gaming, but I've always played other game systems as well.

But right now Nintendo's attitude is slowly starting to get on my nerves and the fact that they don't seem like they care about the fans that stuck with them means they can just as easily drop support on the 3DS.

So should I really keep my 3DS or get rid of it and move on until Nintendo hopefully gets the game in order.
---
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
So Iím able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way. - Chris Nolan
#2Garp_fistPosted 7/5/2011 1:59:51 PM(edited)
Because if you want games on a handheld, even if Nintendo doesn't have your back, others do.

Also, the first party franchises look pretty good.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 104. Lover of cartoons
Sin & Punishment character for SSB4! *started 06/10/11*
#3Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/5/2011 2:00:36 PM
I'm waiting for 3D movies to come out. I'm extremely curious to see how well the 3DS displays them.
---
GT: ShadyMcGrady209
#4fallenKlNGPosted 7/5/2011 2:01:27 PM
Because there will most likely be a new Zelda game in the future for 3DS.
#5Kabuto_YPosted 7/5/2011 2:02:05 PM
What are you expecting? That they'll decide not to localize big games on the 3DS just because? That just because they didn't bring over some JRPGs, a genre that has sold poorly on the Wii, that they'll decide not to cancel Star Fox next?

Go sell your 3DS. You'll do us all a favor by going back to Call of Duty.
#6cheeseyrox2Posted 7/5/2011 2:02:23 PM
1.) Hate on NoA all you want. I get it. I don't like them either. Just learn to differentiate Nintendo and NoA. NoA is just a douchey branch. Nintendo will still bring all the games that you've been playing since you've gotten into gaming.

2.) 3DS has an excellent line-up:

Super Mario 3D
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Cave Story 3D
MGS: 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Paper Mario
Animal Crossing

All of those should be out in the next 12-18 months (the girth of the line-up coming this holiday).
---
If I were stuck on an island with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Modern Warfare 2, I would play Super Mario Galaxy 2 first. People who agree: 218
#7Stefan1277Posted 7/5/2011 2:02:41 PM
You should keep it if you like the games that are coming out for it. If you want to get rid of it solely on the reason to "teach Nintendo a lesson" that won't really happen, no one cares about the consumer as long as they sell the numbers they need to (this applies to every company there is).

But if you like the games, just keep it, wait to see what else is coming out, you can get a good idea of how it's going to be if you look back at the DS games.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
#8SeamusOHassey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 2:02:45 PM
But it also seems like Nintendo is starting to favor Europe a little bit on the 3DS with them getting KDL and a few other things we haven't gotten.
---
So Iím able to go into finishing our story in a very enthusiastic way. - Chris Nolan
#9BraveAdolPosted 7/5/2011 2:03:33 PM
My issue with how Nintendo's handled OpRainfall is that they've made everyone that yes, they are aware of the demand for these games, and no, they really don't care. It seems to go completely against their E3 press conference, talking about how going forward, they're all about the core gamers with the lineup of Wii U software. Why not start now, and build a precedent for people to actually believe them when they say that? If I can't trust Nintendo to support the release/distribution of core RPGs and other titles now, why should I say 'no but they got our backs THIS time guys' when I ponder lining up to buy the Wii U?
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#10SeamusOHassey(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 2:04:05 PM
I like the games, OoT is so damn fun and I am eyeing Luigi's Mansion since I loved the GC version.

Go sell your 3DS. You'll do us all a favor by going back to Call of Duty.

Way to generalize fella. I don't play CoD.
---