3DS is Marketed Towards Young Adults (I Was Right)

#1PhantomSwordPosted 7/5/2011 6:14:37 PM
Reggie Fils-Aime: Well, first off, Wii U is an enlargement of our platform. If you look at our handheld space what I would tell you is we have a clearly differentiated line of products. We’ve got DS Lite, which I would argue is appealing to young kids as well as older consumers who play Brain Age and things of that nature… DSi and DSi XL users are playing that robust library of DS games, it really has a very broad footprint. And then we’ve got the 3DS, that right now is targeted toward that young adult gamer. So we think they’re differentiated enough. Certainly over time there’s going to be improvement to the product line. The way we do that is we let the consumer decide, and as we see some trends we’ll be preemptive and will look to improve product lines and move forward.

Sorry. It's just that I had been saying that 3DS was being marketed to an older crowd (you know, the commercials don't feature children or anything like that, M-rated games are actually more prevalent and clear - I don't see them going the route of GTA:CW, etc.), and now this is confirmed by Nintendo.

Yay me?

/London
---
My favorite part of the day is when she dance in the mirror.
#2Final Fantasy2389Posted 7/5/2011 6:17:16 PM
You should celebrate by becoming London again and going on a shopping Spree.
---
http://jbeebe.wordpress.com
Please, call me FF.
#3panama_chiefPosted 7/5/2011 6:18:53 PM
they say young adult because of the "social" element of the 3DS. Not too many working class people got time during their 9-5:30 to whip out the DS and have a session with coworkers.

price point definitely didnt yell out "young adult"...half the kids are still crying for a price drop for christmas.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#4PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 6:24:12 PM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
You should celebrate by becoming London again and going on a shopping Spree.

:P

@bronx:

Well, the point is that it's not aimed at kids (directly/precisely, etc.), which people have been arguing forever. And hey, I'm (technically) a young adult - I bought my 3DS by myself (okay, I did it with graduation money, but that's besides the point).
---
#5lambchipsPosted 7/5/2011 6:25:36 PM
this can only increase the chances of senran kagura being localized
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#6panama_chiefPosted 7/5/2011 6:28:37 PM
PhantomSword posted...

Well, the point is that it's not aimed at kids (directly/precisely, etc.), which people have been arguing forever. And hey, I'm (technically) a young adult - I bought my 3DS by myself (okay, I did it with graduation money, but that's besides the point).

the price alone shouldve killed that arguement......how ould anyone think a $250 handheld is geared towards kids(granted, my 2 year old does have an ipod touch 4g).
---
#7LightHawKnightPosted 7/5/2011 6:44:48 PM

the price alone shouldve killed that arguement......how ould anyone think a $250 handheld is geared towards kids(granted, my 2 year old does have an ipod touch 4g).

Actually kids get things easier than young adults. They don't need a job, just save allowance or ask parents to buy it for them.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#8PrealienkingPosted 7/5/2011 6:47:48 PM
Actually kids get things easier than young adults. They don't need a job, just save allowance or ask parents to buy it for them.

This, man.
When I was in elementary, I got 50 dollars for having straight A's every nine weeks. Now, I have a 4.0 GPA in High School, and I get a pat on the back.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#9panama_chiefPosted 7/5/2011 6:54:53 PM
Prealienking posted...
This, man.
When I was in elementary, I got 50 dollars for having straight A's every nine weeks. Now, I have a 4.0 GPA in High School, and I get a pat on the back.

You are a minority. 4.0 shows great responsibility. Work out a deal with your parents. I know if my kids start bringing home A's in high school I'm going to reward them as often as possible. Especially looking back at how little I cared for school. It's a tough process. Talk to your parents with facts and I'm sure they'll see it from your side.
---
#10PhantomSword(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 7:46:14 PM
I wish that I'd gotten 4.0s... but, alas. I did not. It would've been $100 per 4.0.
---