Do you want to play GB games in Black & White or in Color in 3DS?

#1Linkz1Posted 7/6/2011 7:22:34 AM
I own Super Game Boy (SNES), Game Boy Player (GCN) & GBA SP II. I prefer to play in color rather than to play B&W. Besides, GB games looks much better in colors. Some GB games are programmed for Super Game Boy like Donkey Kong, Mega Man V for full colors and they aren't programmed for Game Boy Player.

Maybe I'll play these GB games in SGB again since the 3DS has games in the eshop. I still have many GB games like Mario, Zelda, Mega Man and more. These are very hard to buy in cartridges.
#2gunstarzPosted 7/6/2011 7:50:49 AM
I like the way the B&W GameBoy games look, makes me all nostalgic.
---
www.petemorleydesign.com // www.alternativesuburban.com
Currently Playing FFVIII (PSP)
#3BraveAdolPosted 7/6/2011 7:59:02 AM
Color, duh
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#4meiyukiPosted 7/6/2011 8:02:46 AM
Be nice if they just gave us the option. Press a button and it goes color, press again it goes back to black and white.
#5panama_chiefPosted 7/6/2011 8:13:27 AM
meiyuki posted...
Be nice if they just gave us the option. Press a button and it goes color, press again it goes back to black and white.

logic in full effect!!

it doesnt have to be only one or the other...give us options.
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#6Nin3DSFanPosted 7/6/2011 8:15:14 AM
Or you could learn to accept that the virtual console will contain games from a console the way the original console played them. That means greyscale Game Boy games in greyscale, for example.
#7ss4gogeta_darkPosted 7/6/2011 8:19:49 AM
I like the green tint.
---
FCs/Tags in my info.
#8panama_chiefPosted 7/6/2011 8:31:13 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
Or you could learn to accept that the virtual console will contain games from a console the way the original console played them. That means greyscale Game Boy games in greyscale, for example.

....SEGA added online to the Arcade version of Puyo Puyo for the Wii VC. That was a feature added to a game some 20 odd years later. changes can be made....and widely accepted given it doesnt affect the substance at hand.

so dont defend the lack of options in order "to retain originality". its possible to have both. white knights i tell you.....
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#9TerraPhantomPosted 7/6/2011 8:44:59 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...

Gameboy color colorized some gameboy games. And as another poster mentioned, some games were programmed to be used on the super gameboy
#10PlaysaverPosted 7/6/2011 9:05:56 AM
If the game was made just for the orignal gameboy they no, I don't need it to be in color.
If it was made, so it would have color, for Super Gameboy or Gameboy color, then Yes.
Nintendo made quite a few games that could work on both orignal gameboy and one of the later gameboy systems. At least one of those games would delete the save if you changed from the original gb system to a gameboy color. (Conker's Pocket Tails is one.) That type basicly had 2 sets of game code in them.

Zelda DX could be switched between an orignal gameboy and a Gameboy color, and not effect it's saves. I don't hear anyone Saying it should have been emulated in mono color, even though it could have been.