Why the 3DS?

#1TheBlackBat7Posted 7/6/2011 10:46:48 AM
Hello 3ds board, can anyone tell me why I should drop 250 for the 3ds?

Help Nintendo sell a hand held :)

Name all the cool features and games etc.
---
I would choose oblivion over this travesty.
-The choice is not yours.
#2awful_fawfulPosted 7/6/2011 10:49:17 AM

Well that was easy.
#3LordAndrewPosted 7/6/2011 10:50:40 AM
Name all the features and games? How do we know what you'll find "cool"? I think StreetPass is pretty "groovy", but not everyone agrees.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#4CorruptedRPGPosted 7/6/2011 10:51:44 AM
It haz 3D......... and 3D
---
C. Playing:
#5ashockeyPosted 7/6/2011 10:52:47 AM
Not sure what you'll find cool. So all I can say is that I love my 3DS and haven't regretted the purchase for one second.
#6TheBlackBat7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 10:54:52 AM
Ok?...... Then just name the various features it has.
---
I would choose oblivion over this travesty.
-The choice is not yours.
#7r_m_8_8Posted 7/6/2011 10:55:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
---
Play games, not systems. There are people who like games that you don't, grow up.
#8PrealienkingPosted 7/6/2011 10:57:54 AM
It cures cancer!
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#9CorruptedRPGPosted 7/6/2011 10:58:16 AM
3D
AR
3D
3 cameras for 3D photos
eShop
Overpriced GB games
3D Classics
Gyroscope
Face Raiders
Streetpass
Pedometer for coins
---
C. Playing:
#10Boomer_KuwangaPosted 7/6/2011 11:00:38 AM
The 3ds has a great set of features, some you will care about and some you will not.

3D: Duh. It displays in adjustable 3D. The graphics are gorgeous even in 2D as well. The 3d also adds elements to games. you can judge depth for aiming/jumping, for instance.

Streetpass; I don't care at all about this, but a lot of people love it. Games use it for a variety of things, from trading to battles. I predict that the next pokemon game will use it to great effect.

Gyro/Accelerometer: This feature rocks. In OoT, the gyro aiming is amazingly well done. Face Raiders(bundled software) really shows off what can be done with it. We'll see lots of games with gyro controls for stuff.

Games: people piss and moan about the launch, but I've had fun with every game I've played thus far. Plus, it's the DS successor, so it's game library will be as awesome as you would expect. There's all sorts of fun stuff releasing between now and the holidays, with new games to be announced. The Eshop also has decent promise. There's already a lot of content, including almost everything in DSiWare.

I'd recommend a buy. the future seems bright for Nintendo's newest offering.
---
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener."