Why the 3DS?

#31metroid00700Posted 7/6/2011 3:27:18 PM
TheBlackBat7 posted...
Hello 3ds board, can anyone tell me why I should drop 250 for the 3ds?

Help Nintendo sell a hand held :)

Name all the cool features and games etc.

Looking at certain 3D pictures on the internet without glasses IN PUBLIC. #my69cents
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#32SShredder565Posted 7/6/2011 3:45:51 PM
Just saying TC people hate it when people make topics asking people to convince them to buy something.

But the library coming out for the 3DS is pretty amazing:

-Metal Gear Solid 3DS
-Resident Evil: Revelations
-Super Mario 3DS
-Heroes of Ruin
-Paper Mario 3DS
-Luigi's Mansion 2
-Animal Crossing 3D
-Rune Factory 4
-Mario Kart 3DS
-Beyond the Labyrinth
-Nano Assault
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
-Star Fox 64 3D
-Tales of the Abyss
-Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
-Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime 3D
-Megaman Legends 3 (this has the possibility of getting canceled, though)
-Super Smash Bros 3D (this has the possibility of getting canceled and moved to the Wii U completely, and it's not coming out for a long time)
-Devil Survivor: Overclocked (only get this if you've never played Devil Survivor. If you have already played Devil Survivor, there's not nearly enough new content in this game to warrant a purchase)
-Cave Story 3D

Anyway that's a list of the major titles so far planned for the 3DS, but a lot of those won't start coming out for a few months. So maybe a wait for a Christmas deal might best for you.

Features other than awesome games include:

-Gyroscope and Accelerometer: These are insanely awesome for precision in any game you have to aim that supports them. In Ocarina of Time 3D, this motion control feature makes aiming 100 times easier. You can use the slide pad to get to the general area of where you have to shoot, and then use the motion control system to fine tune your shot. Of course you could just use motion control for all the aiming and not use the slide pad at all, but you'd probably look like an idiot twisting and turning with a 3DS in you're hand LOL. Regardless, it is a really cool feature that makes gameplay more enjoyable.

-Slide pad: This is a godsend compared to the Dpads of the previous DS's. Very precise and full 360 degree movement is great. 100 times more comfortable than the PSP's analogue nub. Only possible problem with this is it might be slightly too smooth. If you find it personally too smooth then you might want to look into a thumb grip.

-AR Gaming: Really cool feature that allows you combine the virtual and real world. Hard to explain, so look it up :P

-3D: Really cool. The sweet spot is rather small, but it really adds depth to games. It even does pop out, although developers don't use it as often as depth 3D. It's a really cool bonus, but it probably shouldn't be marketed as a selling point. What I mean by that is it isn't gameplay changing, but it is gameplay enhancing.

-eShop: Enables you to buy DSiware, 3D Classics (remakes of older games using 3D technology), 3DS Ware (DSi Ware specifically for the 3DS, none is out yet), and Virtual Console Games (games from older consoles). Pretty cool, although it is somewhat disorganized and there isn't too much on it yet. You can also download trailers of games that you can actually view in 3D, which is brilliant. Rather than watching a trailer on Youtube, you can actually just watch it on your 3DS so you can get an idea of the 3D effect in the game. This is only for 10 games currently, and they will be removed tomorrow. But I'm sure they'll do this for newer trailers when they eventually come around.

-Netflix: The 3DS will support a Netflix streaming service "later this summer" according to Nintendo

There are more features that I'm too lazy to mention.. I've spent too much time on one post. But overall, the 3DS is a really neat device. I think it's definitely worth buying, but maybe not at the moment. In the future the 3DS will have several big hitter AAA games, lots of eShop content, Netflix, and I think a Nintendo Video service. Right now the 3DS only has 1 big hitter AAA game, not much eShop content, no Netflix or video service. If money's tight, you might want to wait a bit, but IMO it was a worthwhile investment.
#33Nin3DSFanPosted 7/6/2011 4:30:14 PM
SoaringDive posted...
"You should never buy a GAME MACHINE for it's 'features', but for it's games."

Einstein, 1976

At least don't make yourself look like a fool by adding a year that would be 21 years after his death in 1955.
#34SoaringDivePosted 7/6/2011 4:32:35 PM
At least don't make yourself look like a fool by adding a year that would be 21 years after his death in 1955.

That was the point.

It was supposed to be after his death.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#35TheBlackBat7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 4:34:03 PM
@SShredder565

Thanks for the info, I wont post here again lol, I just wanted some help
---
I would choose oblivion over this travesty.
-The choice is not yours.
#36ToastIsWooshPosted 7/6/2011 4:36:25 PM

Swing and a miss.

But while there's nothing too impressive about the 3DS in the moment, it's going to have a butt ton of good games out mid-life.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/

Just look at all the games coming out in that right column there (Not all are confirmed, some are just rumors, but you can read into them and find out which are which). But while it might not be worth it now depending on your tastes, it's going to be a good buy in the future.
---
http://i.imgur.com/iVLBu.gif http://i.imgur.com/iVLBu.gif
http://i.imgur.com/iVLBu.gif http://i.imgur.com/iVLBu.gif