How do you access the Eshop?

#1LegionSoupPosted 7/6/2011 12:21:14 PM
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but my 3DS is connected to my wireless internet, and I've even played people online in Street Fighter 4. But I don't see an option to get on the Eshop in any of the menus of the 3DS.

What am I missing?
#2Gavin_RozeePosted 7/6/2011 12:23:00 PM
System Settings>Other Settings>Page 4>System Update.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.
#3LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 12:24:54 PM
Thanks!
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 7/6/2011 12:47:27 PM
How people don't know that you need to update the system despite the fact that it has been pretty freaking pathetically OBVIOUSLY clear that it was available through a system update, I can't understand.
#5LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 1:04:30 PM
I came to the message board to help me find an answer, and someone was nice enough to help me out.

What's the point of you being here again?
#6keyblader1985Posted 7/6/2011 2:52:26 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I just don't think it's that hard to figure out. I mean, there are a lot of features in the 3DS that said "this feature will be available in a future system update," including the browser, which it's unlikely no one has tried to use before. I could understand not knowing how to update (in which case all you'd have to do is look it up in the manual or look around in Settings), but since like the beginning of this year it's been clear that many features would only be available with a later update.

I just wish more people would make a little effort themselves. I've had about a hundred questions about the 3DS over time, and I've made maybe five topics about them. The rest I found out through reading the manual(s), or searching around in the system.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 7/6/2011 4:32:47 PM
Exactly. Did you just expect it to magically appear? Did you completely miss 100% of anything linking the words "update" and "eShop" together? Because, as the above poster said, not knowing how to update is understandable, but not knowing that the eShop was available through a system update, despite it being known since long before the system itself launched, is almost unacceptable.
#8LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 4:42:01 PM
There is no point to "how did you not know this" posting. What is your end goal?

I got the 3DS as a gift from my wife. I knew nothing about this system aside from it being in 3D. I didn't want one or follow any news or reports on it. When my wife gave it to me, she told me that there was an online store where I could buy games.

Why would I know anything about there being an update. I have a DS and I've never had to update it. Please, explain why an update is so obvious when I've never once had to update my portable game system before.
#9andodelPosted 7/6/2011 5:42:20 PM
usagent76 posted...
There is no point to "how did you not know this" posting. What is your end goal?

I got the 3DS as a gift from my wife. I knew nothing about this system aside from it being in 3D. I didn't want one or follow any news or reports on it. When my wife gave it to me, she told me that there was an online store where I could buy games.

Why would I know anything about there being an update. I have a DS and I've never had to update it. Please, explain why an update is so obvious when I've never once had to update my portable game system before.

People are very critical on the internet.
Technically, the DSi had system updates, but I presume you had the original/lite?
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#10Gavin_RozeePosted 7/6/2011 5:45:13 PM
Glad I could help, TC. When you get on the eShop make sure you download Excitebike. It's free, but in about 12 hours from the time I'm posting it won't be free anymore.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387 8761 0757.