How do you access the Eshop?

#11bomberman1230Posted 7/6/2011 6:33:04 PM
+1 for TC.... glad u get your answer =)
#12Iron Chef SpamPosted 7/6/2011 11:54:13 PM
Thank you Gavin.

TC, I too did not know about how to access certain things as well.

As for the wise asses who assume too much, all you do is make yourselves look like yet more internet elitists who think anyone who doesn't know as much as you are dumb.

It doesn't make you look smart. It just makes you look like every other ass hat who would rather type out 50 words to make a pointless post than to type out less than 10 words which would actually answer a question.
---
XBL:Epicurean PSN:IronChefSpam. Wii: (I don't know, but it doesn't seem to matter does it.)
#13Nin3DSFanPosted 7/7/2011 2:13:56 AM
It would have been obvious, had you had read up more about it, though.
#14LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 6:22:26 AM
Thanks for the posts guys. I did get Excitebike last night when I was fooling around in the store. Also picked up Cave Story and Shantae.
#15keyblader1985Posted 7/7/2011 9:04:30 AM
It's understandable you didn't know anything about the system since it was a gift. But there's still a manual & FAQs. I got a DSi as a gift & it was my first DS so I had a lot of questions, but I actually looked for those answers on my own. I'm just saying, make an effort.

Iron Chef Spam posted...
Thank you Gavin.

TC, I too did not know about how to access certain things as well.

As for the wise asses who assume too much, all you do is make yourselves look like yet more internet elitists who think anyone who doesn't know as much as you are dumb.

It doesn't make you look smart. It just makes you look like every other ass hat who would rather type out 50 words to make a pointless post than to type out less than 10 words which would actually answer a question.

I'm gonna assume that wasn't directed at me, since not one single bit of it actually applies to my post. >_>
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#16LegionSoup(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 11:29:44 AM
Sorry - I've got 2 kids, and my wife is a surgeon, so she's almost never home. Which basically makes me the single father of 2 kids. One is 4, and the other is almost 2. I work 9-10 hours a day at a govenment job (where I'm curently wasting my 15 minute break replying to this).

In my leasure time, I definitely want to look through game system manuals. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather just play the games that I have.

When I was younger and had much more time, I actually did read all of the manuals to ever game and system I got. But I don't do that anymore. Also, from my past exerpeince, Nintendo has been fairly straightfoward in terms of the user interface. It takes some actual digging in the menus to even find the system update feature.

You can't assume everyone is in the same position as you, and most people on these boards are friendly enough to help out. This is the first time I've really had an issue when asking a question (that I couldn't find the answer to after using the "search" feature).

When you ask me to make an effort, what are you impying? That my time with my kids should be spent doing something else? That I should, instead of playing my games, read these manuals when I have, maybe 1 or 2 hours a week to relax and play something). I think that if you knew me as a person, you would know not to make the assumption that I didn't make an effort. We're talking about a video game system here. Not work. Not supporting my family.

Either way, I'm just glad this topic exists so that other people who might have had trouble finding the E-Store have a place to come and find help.
#17keyblader1985Posted 7/7/2011 12:36:45 PM
^...Wow. You know what? I'd say you're in the clear. You've clearly got a good excuse for making this topic.

But don't jump down my throat about it. It wouldn't have taken too much more time to look in the Table of Contents of the manual than it did to make this topic. And for every person like you or me who either couldn't find their answer or didn't have the time, there's a dozen more people who make these topics just because they're lazy; those are the people who piss me off.

Case in point:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/59644462
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai