What Nintendo has to do for great online for the 3DS.

#1nonexistingheroPosted 7/6/2011 2:28:26 PM
- Push online multiplayer forward. Don't rely on 3rd parties to give a great online experience, but use a few key games with great online multiplayer. The current offerings are rather sad (just DOA and SSF4), and Nintendo won't be coming out with an online game until Kid Icarus, it seems.

- Make a good, organized shop. The current E-shop is a mess. Even the Wii's place is more organized. You can only move horizontal in the shop. Why not vertical?

- Make the shop quick. Sure, the downloading stuff is fancy & all. But it's slow, you can't do anything while it's downloading. And just going from menu to menu when you select things just takes long, for little.

- Release good stuff consistently on the shop. Currently we're getting a lot of crap. Nintendo's had enough great games to release them on a a regular base for years. It doesn't need to be every week or month. But it's early in the life of the system, which is exactly why Nintendo would need to put out a few strong titles as soon as possible. These would be titles that almost any 3DS owner would download. After a couple of months they can start to spread the releases a bit more, when the selection and stream of games is bigger.

- Price the stuff appropriately on the E-shop. I don't mind paying 6 for an excellent game like Link's Awakening DX. But the regular Game Boy titles are too expensive. 3 is a bit too much to buy things such as Tennis. But 1 or 2 is something most gamers would be willing to pay. For slightly bigger titles (like Double Dragon), 3 would be good. I fear for the pricing of the 3D classics as well, considering that so far they're just picking old games with hardly any content to convert so far.

- Have great deals everyone once in a while. Or hell, even just deals. If done correctly this would increase the sales of the digital content A LOT.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2panama_chiefPosted 7/6/2011 2:35:19 PM
they have to xbox live it....
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#3nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 2:43:04 PM
I'm not comparing it to PSN or Xbox Live. I'm just saying how they can improve it. Nintendo's current online efforts are downright pathetic. I wouldn't be complaining if they actually tried. But now they're just like: "You want online? Here you go. You can play online in some games. You can download games and trailers. Now you have all you could ever need, M I RIGHT?"
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#4panama_chiefPosted 7/6/2011 2:47:32 PM(edited)
nonexistinghero posted...
I'm not comparing it to PSN or Xbox Live....

you dont have to. its nowhere close. its not even original xbox close. their online setup isnt even 1999 playing pool on yahoo close.

imitation is flattery, and they need to flatter their competition something fierce. i wonder.....they see how many people actually have xbox live accounts and willingly pay for it; they dont want a part of that billion dollar business?
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#5atomicxPosted 7/6/2011 6:08:19 PM
Unfortunately Nintendo doesn't do "great online". In fact, it's almost as though they don't even try.
#6Shadowinferno11Posted 7/6/2011 6:15:25 PM
bronx718 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
I'm not comparing it to PSN or Xbox Live....

you dont have to. its nowhere close. its not even original xbox close. their online setup isnt even 1999 playing pool on yahoo close.

imitation is flattery, and they need to flatter their competition something fierce. i wonder.....they see how many people actually have xbox live accounts and willingly pay for it; they dont want a part of that billion dollar business?

1999 Yahoo Pool...

Haha, those were the days. I forgot about that.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5026 - 4445 -1125 ; Raeka
#7MrYellowPenguinPosted 7/6/2011 6:16:20 PM
TC lost all credibility when he said these two things:

Release good stuff consistently on the shop. Currently we're getting a lot of crap.

Price the stuff appropriately on the E-shop.

It's way too early to rant about online multiplayer as well. I do think that the shop needs some more organization.
#8Starwars4JPosted 7/6/2011 6:16:45 PM
bronx718 posted...

See, this is why nobody is going to take that post seriously. Try to keep it realistic, will you?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9mahgah91Posted 7/6/2011 7:15:01 PM
Anyone from an objective standpoint should be able to agree that Nintendo is incapable of making a comprehensive and intuitive yet quick and easy online interface. My theory? Nintendo's trying to make their shops "family friendly" like they do with everything else they do which I guess means creating pointless categories that shuffle every day and making the most difficult category to browse A-Z alphabetical. Why can't we have a simple option for a list, or why can't they at least display more than a set amount of games at a time?

Seriously, the architects of Nintendo's interfaces are a decade behind everyone.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#10Baha05Posted 7/6/2011 7:16:55 PM
Bet you anything it's just how they run things in Japan and it just carries over, i mean it is a Japanese company.