Question about "remakes"

#1AP3BrainPosted 7/6/2011 3:34:38 PM
If the greatest yet oldest game in existence that has been on a lot of different systems or is available to you in some other way comes to the 3DS in a straight port fashion would you guys spend full price on it instead of just buying it cheaper on another system? Is it just because it's in THREEEEEEE DEEEEE? Portability can't be a reasonable excuse because I am sure most of you play these games at home anyways...

I am having a real hard time understanding why people are excited for both OoT 3D and Star Fox 3D and don't feel like they are being ripped off at all. I can forgive OoT 3D alil bit because it at least brings Master Quest which I guess a lot of people didn't get to play but it is still kind of overpriced for what it is. But Star Fox 3D? Is there ONE thing added to that game? They didn't even add online multiplayer support which is plain ridiculous.

And a lot of people say these two games are the games to own if you have system.. I call that rubbish.

What do you guys think? Am I just crazy for thinking like this?
#2Tzuba12Posted 7/6/2011 3:37:52 PM
You aren't being ripped off because you don't have to buy the game. Its funny that Nintendo is getting all these hate for remaking 2 great games when people ask for remakes ALL THE TIME. FFVII for example.
#3BraveAdolPosted 7/6/2011 3:38:04 PM
Question about "broad sweeping attacks on nobody in particular for how they spend their own hard-earned money"

Actually I don't have a question but I do wonder why you do this
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#4Gash424Posted 7/6/2011 3:38:25 PM
I don't think either game was in very bad need of a remake.

That said, I'll probably be buying both just to have more 3DS games. I'm such a sucker. ;_;

(Don't know if SF has any new features. *shrug*)
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=emb1234
#5BraveAdolPosted 7/6/2011 3:40:44 PM
I guess it all comes down to the individual consumer and why they choose to purchase games for each particular systems. If you saw how many versions of Ys I and II were in my collection you might cringe
---
Living in the sprawl, dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#6AP3Brain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 3:45:18 PM
BraveAdol posted...
Question about "broad sweeping attacks on nobody in particular for how they spend their own hard-earned money"

Don't mistake me for attacking you. Do whatever you want with your own money. I just don't really understand why it appeals to a lot of people.

And to the FF7 guy. People have been asking for an actual remake with new HD graphics not a straight port of the game. Although judging by the success of these "remakes" I wouldn't be too surprised if people would drool all over a FF7 slightly updated full priced port if it was advertised as a remake.
#7CorruptedRPGPosted 7/6/2011 3:46:50 PM
2 enhanced N64 ports aren't worth buying a 3DS over. Newer titles like Super Mario 3DS should persuade buyers.
---
C. Playing:
#8VampiricDragon_Posted 7/6/2011 3:51:09 PM(edited)
OOT has never been portable before, they improved master quest considerably.

Classics can be played forever.

The other issue is porting and remaking and reissuing is becoming more common
#9LHS_2012Posted 7/6/2011 3:51:18 PM
AP3Brain posted...
BraveAdol posted...

Don't mistake me for attacking you. Do whatever you want with your own money. I just don't really understand why it appeals to a lot of people.

And to the FF7 guy. People have been asking for an actual remake with new HD graphics not a straight port of the game. Although judging by the success of these "remakes" I wouldn't be too surprised if people would drool all over a FF7 slightly updated full priced port if it was advertised as a remake.

Good thing these aren't straight ports.
---
No copyright law in the UNIVERSE can stop me!!
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#10MetaKirbyFanPosted 7/6/2011 3:59:44 PM
TC, not everybody has played the originals. And as for the portability aspect, don't arbitrarily declare it a moot point if that's arguably some buyers' biggest motivations
---
Rant site, from popular GFAQs topic: https://sites.google.com/site/tria1andfai1ur3/home
MetaKirby's Trollslaying site -Tinynewtman