What the next Pokemon game battle system better be

#1PrealienkingPosted 7/6/2011 5:57:01 PM(edited)
Here are a ton of 3D pictures a dude took of games, among them are Pokemon Battle Revolution. They serve as a good precedent of what the Gen 6 battle system hopefully might look like.

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/04/08/loads-of-3d-pictures-to-download-for-your-3ds/

EDIT:
Better is too strong of a word, I admit. Hell, the only thing that really needs to be seen are the 3D models. The rest of the battle system is fine the way it is now.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#2VampiricDragon_Posted 7/6/2011 5:52:23 PM
eh. The battle system itself is fine. Its the rest of the gameplay and content that needs overhauling
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#3Prealienking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 5:56:05 PM
I guess better is too strong.

They do need to improve the sprites though. As much as I loved them being fully animated, they are getting to look a bit off from the rest of the fully 2.5D world.
---
#4VampiricDragon_Posted 7/6/2011 5:57:08 PM
all they need to do is basically make the sprites similar to the ff 1,2,4 remakes and you have a winner
---
A gamer should want as many games as possible, from as many different genres as possible,on as many different systems as possible,for as many people as possible
#5Prealienking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 5:59:33 PM
On DS? I want to see screenshots, you have piqued my interest
---
#6VampiricDragon_Posted 7/6/2011 6:01:43 PM
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2011/01/ffiv-psp.jpg

sprites with this kind of fidelity
---
#7Prealienking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 6:07:26 PM
I don't know. That would still stick out quite a bit in the 3d world that they are making...

Like, imagine playing Final Fantasy X, then when you go into a battle, it looks like that...

it's just...off...
---
#8VampiricDragon_Posted 7/6/2011 6:08:24 PM
well we know that gen 6 will remain with the same visual style so beefing up the sprites is all thats available
---
#9Prealienking(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 6:09:36 PM
Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, Game Freak will step up to ful-...

eh, yeah. You know what? You're probably right...
---
#10CrazyhaxPosted 7/6/2011 6:21:27 PM
Better isn't just too strong, it's downright wrong. Some games are just meant to be in 2D, and Pokemon is one of those games. It shouldn't have to "step up" to 3D models just because the gaming industry is forcing a undeserved standard for 3D models. Sprites will always be better for main pokemon games.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506