So now that nintendo is being sued over the 3d

#51MasterEchuPosted 7/7/2011 11:35:06 PM
If this case isnt kick out of the courtroom i will alk up and slap the judge in the face for being stupid.

Sueing somone for the use of a 3-d screen? SERIOUSLY?! for god sake how many movies industries and god knows what else have used this screen hudnreds of times, what makes nintendo any different. The guy cant claim apttent to something general well after its release, its clearly a ploy for money.
---
Morality is not fleeting, games or alternate realities will not change what is right and wrong if you reallly belive in them.
Yes my spelling stinks, quiet!
#52MetarightPosted 7/8/2011 12:17:37 AM
Echu, this is stereoscopic 3D we're talking about, not 3D screens in general.
---
Rant site, from popular GFAQs topic: https://sites.google.com/site/tria1andfai1ur3/home
MetaKirby's Trollslaying site -Tinynewtman
#53BearpowersPosted 7/8/2011 12:25:47 AM
MasterEchu posted...
If this case isnt kick out of the courtroom i will alk up and slap the judge in the face for being stupid.

Sueing somone for the use of a 3-d screen? SERIOUSLY?! for god sake how many movies industries and god knows what else have used this screen hudnreds of times, what makes nintendo any different. The guy cant claim apttent to something general well after its release, its clearly a ploy for money.

In 2003 sharp released a parallax barrier based glasses free 3D laptop.

Sharp could probably go at them too.
#54BearpowersPosted 7/8/2011 12:26:37 AM
leeko_link posted...
Nintendo got good lawyers, they will always win. Even if they did lose, they'll find a way to appeal to counter that back.

Did you not read this thread?

They've be sued for something nearly EVERY GEN EVER
#55BearpowersPosted 7/8/2011 12:27:27 AM
MrYellowPenguin posted...
This guy is just suing for money. He's seeing the success of the 3DS and that the screen technology is similar to his, so he's trying to make some quick cash. If he's really serious about his patent being infringed than he should also sue LG and HTC because they use the same technology in their recent smartphones.

Welcome to the wonderful world of patent trolls.

Think up a cool idea, patent it, force anyone who wants to use it to pay you big bucks.

First come first served
#56Mewtwo64Posted 7/8/2011 6:51:51 AM
CorruptedRPG posted...
The patent trolls strike again. I always find it hilarious how they sue when the product generates mass profit instead of doing it from beginning the way it should be.

If you knew how long it takes to get a judge to hear a complaint regarding patents you wouldn't be quick to say that. I'm sure the plaintiff started the legel process as soon as the 3DS was unveiled but only recently have they been able to find a judge to hear the case.
---
From what I have heard, the PSP Go not only replaces your regular PSP, but Sony sends it's secret goons to your house to set your UMD's on fire.