Star Fox 64 3D has bots confirmed for offline

#1Kool-Aid_ManPosted 7/6/2011 8:35:07 PM
Too bad it isn't online but this is sort of do. At least if you want to try out the mode
---
I iz kool
#2Dual_SwordPosted 7/6/2011 8:39:17 PM
I guess thats cool.... So why didn't they just add online again?
#3Kool-Aid_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 8:40:05 PM

I guess thats cool.... So why didn't they just add online again?

"Well, we put it in StarFox Command but it really wasn't what people played the game for. At the end of the day though EAD made the decision based on a no. of factors so you need to ask them about it really.

The local multiplayer we made is really cool though - and it supports downloading so you only need one cartridge to play with a no. of 3DS-owning friends. Also there is an AI mode so you can play against the computer if you are on your own."
---
I iz kool
#4lambchipsPosted 7/6/2011 8:49:27 PM
i never really cared about online anyway (i usually play online games for 2-3 weeks then never touch the game again)

i would prefer a solid singleplayer, because thats what will keep be coming back to replay the game after time has passed
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#5PrealienkingPosted 7/6/2011 9:02:21 PM
None of my friends have a 3DS anyways.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#6VyersPosted 7/6/2011 9:11:54 PM
At the rate the 3DS is selling, I'd be pretty surprised if I found someone locally who had a 3DS, let alone was interested in playing Star Fox.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#7KorlithielPosted 7/6/2011 9:17:47 PM
Download play multiplayer is nice, I hope that's fairly fleshed out since it's hard enough as-is to find someone with a 3DS let alone a specific multiplayer game on them.

Seeing how the single player is unlikely changed enough to warrant concern for it, the lack of online multiplayer is a pretty big disappointment. I doubt that will keep me away from the title, as there are no games between now and it's release that currently have my attention (at least when looking up the release schedule on Gamefaqs), but it does make it much harder to want to recommend to my friends who do own a 3DS.
---
Please do not feed the trolls, mark & move on. Likely posted from my 3DS.
#8HaterWannaBeMePosted 7/6/2011 9:18:07 PM
More room for a better single player I guess.
---
Senran Kagura to US & Europe Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/snrnkgra/petition.html
Sign it :DDD
#9MrYellowPenguinPosted 7/6/2011 10:01:17 PM
At the rate the 3DS is selling, I'd be pretty surprised if I found someone locally who had a 3DS, let alone was interested in playing Star Fox.

Just wait until the holiday season. I guarantee you that more people will have 3DSs after one year than the amount of people that had DSs after one year.
#10noutBrPosted 7/6/2011 10:24:32 PM
More room for a better single player I guess.

It's a port and SF64 has an awesome single player mode, adding online wouldn't have any effect on the quality of the single player experience.

Anyway, I'm glad there are bots and I'm extremely glad that download play apparently allows for the full multiplayer, or am I wrong assuming this? At least there is download play but still, online would have made this game so much better, even online rankings for single player would be very cool.

SF64 3DS is still a must buy for me because I love the original so much and it's primarily a single player game, great challenge to get all medals and very fun to play through again and again picking different routes. I also want to buy it to show that Star Fox on rails is THE way to go, I don't understand why Nintendo feels like they need to change the essence of Star Fox...
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r