Any old 2D Super Mario games on the 3DS's VC?

#1Clogged_ArteryPosted 7/6/2011 9:49:34 PM
Topic title says it all.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#2MomentDEFINEDPosted 7/6/2011 9:50:16 PM
Just Super Mario Land right now.
---
Q9450 @ 2.6Ghz 4 GB OCZ 800Mhz EVGA 750i FTW GTX260 SLI
#3Clogged_Artery(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 9:53:14 PM
Any idea when the old NES and SNES Mario games will be released?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#4nick14383Posted 7/6/2011 9:58:38 PM
Clogged_Artery posted...
Any idea when the old NES and SNES Mario games will be released?

I'm guessing next year at the rate Nintendo is going.
#5darkzero297Posted 7/6/2011 10:09:50 PM
I'm guessing never., since the VC is only said to include games from GB and GBC. This does mean that eventually we will get Mario Land 2 (which is a great game) and Mario Bros Deluxe (which is also a great Mario game).
---
Kirbyhameha!!!
(>")>(())>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>))
#6oH_HydraPosted 7/6/2011 10:15:03 PM
months ago they said super mario world would be on the eShop it was listed next to games like megaman and castlevania

now everyone seems like nes and snes gamed wont see the like of day
---
Sent from my 3DS
www.NYComics.us
#7VyersPosted 7/6/2011 10:16:27 PM
darkzero: He's referring to VC and 3D Classics.

People seem to say that Super NES games are not likely, but I do not see why; in fact, the original 3D Classics tech demo for 3DS featured Super NES games as 3D Classics.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Stacking, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, inFamous
#8MrYellowPenguinPosted 7/6/2011 10:48:58 PM
^From his wording you can't really imply that he was also regarding the 3D classics.

Anyway, SML is the only 2D Mario game out right now. SML2 is very likely in the future and SMB Deluxe might see the light of day.

I doubt a NES or SNES will get a 3D remake unless it's fitting for it. I can't see any of the SMB games getting 3D makeovers.Unless Nintendo were to change the camera to view from a different angle, which would be really stupid, 3D would add much to them because of their set 3D camera angles.
#9sonicfreak0221Posted 7/6/2011 11:13:57 PM
MrYellowPenguin posted...
^From his wording you can't really imply that he was also regarding the 3D classics.

Anyway, SML is the only 2D Mario game out right now. SML2 is very likely in the future and SMB Deluxe might see the light of day.

I doubt a NES or SNES will get a 3D remake unless it's fitting for it. I can't see any of the SMB games getting 3D makeovers.Unless Nintendo were to change the camera to view from a different angle, which would be really stupid, 3D would add much to them because of their set 3D camera angles.

They added 3D to Excitebike and Urban Champion, 2 games who could not benefit from 3D. I think that anything is possible with nintendo.
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#10Number43Posted 7/7/2011 12:13:20 AM
What about Donkey Kong? That's 2D platforming playing as Mario.