So... Nintendo's really not done that much to support this with other systems...

#1RaulsenPosted 7/7/2011 12:19:28 PM
Hey all!

So, today I was thinking... Nintendo really has failed to support the 3DS with games on its other consoles. What I mean to say is, they've forgotten about Wii and DS so much, it's amazing. Look at it this way- when the DS was first released, the GBA still had some serious steam- from 2004 till sometime in 2007, the GBA had some dang good games. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, the Final Fantasy games, heck, the list goes on. For those who bought the DS at launch, this undoubtedly made the early drought much easier to bear. That, and the last hurrahs of the Gamecube helped to make it an excellent time to be a NIntendo fan.

At first, Nintendo was on the right track with the 3DS launch- heck, Pokemon Black & White were helping to cover up the lackluster launch lineup, but they could only last so long. Now, the 3DS has one major blockbuster title out, (OoT 3D) but not much else unless you're quite the fighting game fanatic. Sure, we've got more to come in the time ahead, with games like Kid Icarus, and Tales of the Abyss, but still the problem remains. No games for the other consoles.

The worst part? Nintendo's sitting on a literal load of titles they could use to fill in the holes, most of them already translated. Games like Another Code R and Last Window: The Secret of Cape West are already in English, and if a few minor British/American English issues were sorted out, they'd literally have the easiest localization in the world. Same goes for games like Xenoblade- it's already being released in Europe, so an American release seems to be the logical choice.

And then, there's the games that, while un-translated, could still accrue a great deal of sales. Operation Rainfall is pushing for the release of games like The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and rightfully so. These titles are highlights in the Wii's library, and if Nintendo played their cards right, they could quickly turn into hits. The same's true for the DS library- heck, we're still waiting for the Fire Emblem 3 remake to make it's way to America. Nintendo's literally localized every FE game since 7, but now? They'd be making a foolish move to let their progress slide, considering I've heard nothing but good about the game.

Nintendo talks about how much they're "focusing" on the 3DS- how perfect they want the system to be. In the end, though... it looks like this focus turned into nothing but sheer negligence of their other systems. You need to have games all throughout- Nintendo simply won't make any progress pushing the latest AAA release, be it Kid Icarus or Skyward Sword. They've gotta' support those releases with quality titles to ensure that each system gets its fair due, no matter where it is in it's life cycle.

/rant
---
Yes, I'm a Christian and 100% proud of it. God Bless!
You're not alone anymore. We're together, and I'm not leaving you. -The City in the Snow Globe
#2panama_chiefPosted 7/7/2011 12:20:45 PM
-entered topic
-saw: "/rant"
-posted this comment......
---
YOINK!!! [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!
#3SoaringDivePosted 7/7/2011 12:24:14 PM
Sony doesn't even support PSX anymore. They need to support it no matter where it is in it's life cycle.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#4exchrystalswordPosted 7/7/2011 12:35:19 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Sony never even supported PSX. They need to support it no matter where it is in it's life cycle.

I'm sorry but taking 5+ years to get about >10 classic titles worth buying is not supporting it at all.

Harsh truth is once they saw how lucrative DLC is they pretty much scrapped the virtual classics.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3868-7402-0278
#5Raulsen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 1:12:39 PM
SoaringDive posted...
Sony doesn't even support PSX anymore. They need to support it no matter where it is in it's life cycle.

The PSX was "dead" once games completely stopped coming out for it. By the time the DS came out, both the GBA and Gamecube were alive and kicking, as they continued to have quality titles even as their life span drew to a close.

Thing is... that's not the case here. Nintendo's sending DS and Wii to an early grave by not releasing titles that could give them a major boost.
---
Yes, I'm a Christian and 100% proud of it. God Bless!
You're not alone anymore. We're together, and I'm not leaving you. -The City in the Snow Globe
#6MrYellowPenguinPosted 7/7/2011 1:59:48 PM
Nintendo has mostly stopped their support for said systems, but that doesn't mean support won't continue for them for a few more years. The DS had done okay this year. Don't expect anything great to come out for it next year though.
#7LtRickGreyPosted 7/7/2011 2:05:30 PM
I dont know why your shocked. Its not like nintendo had the best track record of keeping their old systems running for years. Not like the ps2 during the ps3 era. Wish sony would support the psp better stateside but... damned piracy...
#8andodelPosted 7/7/2011 2:05:46 PM
Considering how many versions of the DS they made, you would think Nintendo wants it to survive forever. However, they really haven't been coming out with anything great lately. Some companys are releasing games for both DS and 3DS, but it seems that most are looking to develop for just the 3DS. It's not a huge deal, as the DS has plenty of good titles already. I have at least 30 DS games, and there are still some that I'd like to get.
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#9Baha05Posted 7/7/2011 2:09:14 PM
LtRickGrey posted...
I dont know why your shocked. Its not like nintendo had the best track record of keeping their old systems running for years. Not like the ps2 during the ps3 era. Wish sony would support the psp better stateside but... damned piracy...

Yeah but have you ever really bought a lot of games for the PS2 after the PS3 came out? I can't think of many aside from JRPG's
#10Esquire373Posted 7/7/2011 3:09:28 PM
in 2004 the gba had 4 years and the gamecube only had 3 years, of course they would keep supporting them. This time the ds is 7 years old and the wii is 5 years. Not to mention Nintendo pretty much stopped supporting the gamecube in mid 2005. All we got was Zelda in 2006 and the wii had that too.