The age old question....

#1poolshark173Posted 7/7/2011 2:08:32 PM
I have a dsi, it works great, should I upgrade to the 3ds?
---
Why are you reading this signature when you could be reading the awesome post below it?
People who agree: 1
#2Link_Fangirl6Posted 7/7/2011 2:09:46 PM
They are not the same console. It's not an upgrade, it's a new product.
---
Check out my let's plays at http://www.youtube.com/user/MegaManStan
#3Jprime666Posted 7/7/2011 2:18:40 PM
Look at this way.
You have a NES. Should you get a SNES?
You have a Nintendo 64. Should you get a Gamecube?
You have a Gameboy. Should you get a Gameboy Advance?
You have a GBA. Should you get a DS?

Now.
You have a DS. Should you get a 3DS?

The answer to all these questions is yes.
---
Why does he have a Pokey Device? Shouldn't he have like a sword or something not a Poker? - DuodecimKnight
#4ZappmasterPosted 7/7/2011 2:19:45 PM
Link_Fangirl6 posted...
They are not the same console. It's not an upgrade, it's a new product.

He probably knew that. It's still an upgrade for him.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#5TIGERPOKEMONPosted 7/7/2011 2:20:48 PM
I'm tired of people like this being so misinformed
#6Jprime666Posted 7/7/2011 2:24:00 PM
TBH it's easy to see why. Nintendo has released so many DSes that easy to not really get that the 3DS is entirely new. Sure if you're at all informed then it's common knowledge, but many people aren't.

I foresee the Wii-U having the same problem.
---
Why does he have a Pokey Device? Shouldn't he have like a sword or something not a Poker? - DuodecimKnight
#7ian2093Posted 7/7/2011 3:27:46 PM
Jprime666 posted...
TBH it's easy to see why. Nintendo has released so many DSes that easy to not really get that the 3DS is entirely new. Sure if you're at all informed then it's common knowledge, but many people aren't.

Your comment about the DS's is certainly correct, but with the Wii U, I wouldn't be so sure. One side you can look at is that there hasn't been a new console in 6 or so years, and when people see it's an actual new block of machinery, they should understand. But, at E3, the G4 people were somewhat confused as well, because all they showed was the new controller, and it is all Wii compatible.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#8LordAndrewPosted 7/7/2011 3:33:24 PM
You have a DSi? Not even a DSi XL? Then upgrade.
---
Sent from my 3DS
Now playing: Atelier Iris 3, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
#9poolshark173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 4:33:04 PM
Thank you all for the responses! Yeah, I knew it was a new system, but for some reason, i couldnt get the creeping feeling out of my head that it would just be another ds, but, I just got home from buying a 3DS, so..... yeah........ (colon pee)
---
Why are you reading this signature when you could be reading the awesome post below it?
People who agree: 1
#10LightHawKnightPosted 7/7/2011 4:35:31 PM

Sony has released just as many psps as Nintendo has released DSes.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."